Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to LINCSAT

MVM

to LINCSAT

Re: Rogers NEW Ultimate 150/10 With Hitron

If the Hitron is installed close to the electrical panel -- like I've seen done in many homes -- wireless coverage will be very poor.

Hitron is a Taiwanese company so in all probability they are using Ralink wireless chip tech -- so if the Hitron is Properly placed [centrally located and as high up as possible away from any obstacles] wireless coverage should be decent or adequate but certainly not terrific. I seriously doubt that the Hitron will be properly placed by the installer.
aereolis
join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON

aereolis

said by mozerd:

If the Hitron is installed close to the electrical panel -- like I've seen done in many homes -- wireless coverage will be very poor.

Hitron is a Taiwanese company so in all probability they are using Ralink wireless chip tech -- so if the Hitron is Properly placed [centrally located and as high up as possible away from any obstacles] wireless coverage should be decent or adequate but certainly not terrific. I seriously doubt that the Hitron will be properly placed by the installer.

Most somewhat educated installers attempt to install them on the main floor(central), however many people still have desktop computers that they want to connect with a wired connection and don't want to buy an adapter for them to use the internet, so the modem gets stuck where the desktop goes.