uniqs
share rss forum feed

FutureMon
Ach Du Lieber
Premium,ExMod 2002-05
join:2000-10-05
Seaside, CA

Heading into LA tomorrow

I've been house hunting for the last couple of months up in Seaside, Monterey, Pacific Grove, Marina, and Carmel.

Found a few places, but none of them were quite exactly what I was looking for in terms of a rental. Those that were, were way out of my price range. There was one 3br house for $1450/mo - which out here is a hell of a deal - problem was, it had no garage, was between two one way streets, and the landscaping was all dirt and sand. No curb appeal at all and no real safety (via being out of sight) for my gear while it sits in my van between gigs.

...So I've decided to stay in my studio apartment for another 6 months. Going "unfurnished" with the apartment complex will drop my rent by $150/mo...but now I gotta make a road trip to LA to bring back up a few of my own things.

Emptied out my Caravan of gear and seats, gonna bring back a full size bed, a nightstand, two barstools, a table lamp and my computer desk.

Arriving in Bellflower/Downey at approximately 10:30pm Friday night. Loading up the van and heading back home on Sunday.

Since all the places I've been looking at have been in the ball-park of $1600-1800/mo, I also decided to start pretending that's how much I'm actually paying rent (and depositing the difference into a seperate checking account).

In March when my new lease is up, I'll have enough set aside to take a really nice vacation and have plenty left over for a new place in terms of having to come up with 1st months rent+deposit)

- FM
--
Q: How many theoretical physicists specializing in general relativity does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two. One to hold the bulb and one to rotate the universe.
Expand your moderator at work