uniqs

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to graysonf

Premium Member

to graysonf

Re: [IPv6] Any m0n0wall users have this working?

Are you running this in a home environment? I have no experience with m0n0wall but since it seems you are just switching, I thought I would throw out trying Astaro Security Gateway. I am using it currently with a SiXXs tunnel with no issues and it appears, from what I have read, to have no issues with native IPv6.

They provide a free license for home users with some connection restrictions, but other than that, it is a fully fledged business class firewall.

This link lists the essentials and home editions.

»www.sophos.com/en-us/pro ··· ols.aspx

Also looks like they have a business essentials version also for free.

»www.astaro.org/astaro-ga ··· asg.html

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I run m0n0wall in a home environment and have been doing so for years. I am not interested in switching away from it. If I must switch, it would be to pfsense, but only for its currently working IPv6 support. Once the problem is solved in m0n0wall, I would return to it.

Things like Astaro are not compatible with the small systems used to run embedded solutions such as m0n0wall and pfsense.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

Understood.. Was just throwing it out there as a possible option as it seemed, by your OP, that you had just switched.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I think you misunderstood my not quite clear post.

The reference to pfsense was that it works in this environment, not that I had been previously using it and switched to m0n0wall.