share rss forum feed

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-24
here
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Snowy winter for us this year ?

"Following a snow drought during winter 2011-2012, the mid-Atlantic and southern New England will get a snow dump this winter.
Above-normal snowfall is forecast for the major I-95 cities, including New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., during winter 2012-2013."

»www.accuweather.com/en/weather-n···er/69820

JAAulde
Web Developer
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-09
Williamsport, MD
kudos:3

They said last year was going to be much higher than normal as well. I'll believe it when I see it, and if that happens I'll chalk their being correct up to coincidence.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand
reply to somebodeez

said by somebodeez:

"Following a snow drought during winter 2011-2012, the mid-Atlantic and southern New England will get a snow dump this winter.
Above-normal snowfall is forecast for the major I-95 cities, including New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C., during winter 2012-2013."

That's why God made the Caribbean !

--
August is National Eye Exam Month

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
here
reply to JAAulde

Yeah we got diddly-squat last year.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to somebodeez

I'll wait for the Capital Weather Gang to weigh in.

»www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/cap···_lunchln
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
here

Thanks for the link

seaquake
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD
reply to somebodeez

This time last year my wife was saying "it's going to be snowy and cold this winter." She seems to make a prediction every year out of the blue and sometimes she's right, others she's not.

What is odd is that she has fall/winter birds showing up at our feeders a month early. Lots of black birds that don't typically appear until the end of September. You can look at that as the possibility that we'll have an early and possibly cold winter. I look at it as they left town earlier this year because of the warm temperatures and their internal calendars are all screwed up.

I'd like to see a cool winter with generous (not apocalyptic) amounts of snow. With the dryness and drought we've been having, it'll be nice to get things back closer to normal. And we're nowhere as bad off as the midwest. Those folks need a ton of rain.

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-27
Springfield, VA
kudos:2
reply to somebodeez

The capital weather gang says more snow than usual. NOAA says less. I'd rather have the snow than cold dreary rain all winter.

somebodeez
Premium,MVM
here
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by grobinette:

The capital weather gang says more snow than usual. NOAA says less. I'd rather have the snow than cold dreary rain all winter.

Same here!