how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

eorent1

join:2004-11-17
Westport, CT

[iO] NFL Network is here

Per Neil Best of Newsday, Cablevision will be carrying NFL Network on Ch 150 starting tomorrow. NFL Red Zone is also coming soon.

eorent1

join:2004-11-17
Westport, CT
Cablevision will offer NFL RedZone on Channel 151 as part of iO Sports and Entertainment Pak, which is part of iO Gold package.

OOLer

@optonline.net
reply to eorent1
Thanks for the info, I have a friend that's going to shit brix.

UofMiamiGrad
Premium
join:2001-02-03
Great Neck, NY
reply to eorent1
NFL Network PR:

»nflcommunications.com/2012/08/16···redzone/

BETHPAGE, NY and NEW YORK, NY – August 16, 2012 – NFL Network and Cablevision (NYSE: CVC), the largest TV provider in the nation’s top media market, announced today that they have reached a multi-year agreement for carriage of NFL Network and the NFL RedZone channel.

NFL Network will make its debut in Cablevision homes beginning tomorrow. NFL Network will be available on channel 150 in both standard-definition and HD for customers who subscribe to iO Preferred, iO Silver, iO Gold or the iO Sports & Entertainment Pak. NFL RedZone, which airs on Sundays throughout the regular season, will be offered in both standard-definition and HD on channel 151 as part of the iO Sports & Entertainment Pak, which is now included in the new iO Gold package, which was launched last spring.

So did CV cave or did the NFL on their asking price?

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY
reply to eorent1
Another link, if anyone is interested.

»img.optimum.net/images/feedmill/···AL-2.pdf

MxxCon

join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY
reply to OOLer
said by OOLer :

Thanks for the info, I have a friend that's going to shit brix.

I'm building a new house; give me your friend's contact info.
--
[Sig removed by Administrator: signature can not exceed 20GB]

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to UofMiamiGrad
If they had shifted the channels over one since moving the HD PPV on 792 to 550 they could've added it also on 798 and 799 next to each other for those who of us who prefer the 700/800s HD channels together.

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
They will add them to the 700 range also. TiVo does not auto tune the HD so they have to have them separated.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
Effective Friday, August 17, 2012, Cablevision will launch the NFL Network in both Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) in Connecticut. The NFL Network is every football fan's dream - Seven days a week, 24 hours a day, every day of the year - a television network solely devoted to professional football. NFL Network SD will launch on channel 150 and NFL Network HD will launch on channel 795.
Cablevision will also launch NFL RedZone in both Standard Definition (SD) and High Definition (HD) on Wednesday, August 29, 2012. NFL RedZone provides every touchdown from every game, all on one channel!. NFL RedZone SD will launch on channel 151 and NFL RedZone HD will launch on channel 799.

kickass69

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
Thanks for that info. Atleast this wholly confirms now that The Tennis Channel is never coming back for anyone out there still hoping it would.

digitaldoc77

join:2008-04-20
Oyster Bay, NY
reply to eorent1
Guess those on the iO Family tier are not getting this. Well, at least they can't use this to justify raising the rates.

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1
said by digitaldoc77:

Guess those on the iO Family tier are not getting this. Well, at least they can't use this to justify raising the rates.

Which is what Cablevision wanted all along, they wanted it only on the pricier tiers. The NFL finally caved in. The sports Pak only costs $6.95 a month. True NFL fans will have no problem paying that. I already have family plus the sports pak so I'm all set.

kickass69

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
I got to wonder though if the HD feed will only be on systems that have gone all digital with those of us still on digital/analog hybrid systems having to wait for this along with the rest of the HD additions for the past year.

jpr281

join:2006-01-12
Shirley, NY
Earlier reports from the NFL and Newsday hinted (without explicitly saying so) that the NFL Network would be available to all Cablevision subscribers Friday.

But, from The Times:

"Starting Friday, it will beam the NFL Network to about half its three million subscribers..."

»www.nytimes.com/2012/08/17/sport···ers.html

Now, does that half only take in part non-digital subscribers? (Does anyone have a good estimate as to how much of the CV footprint is digital?)

Or does it mean that half of the subscribers do not pay for iO digital cable or the Sports Pak, which is the only way to get the channel?

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ
reply to eorent1
The channels are available only if you have a digital cable box. Red Zone you pay extra for if you don't have the NEW gold package.

I have gold triple play but don't subscribe to sports pack. I should get NFL Network but not Red Zone, at least that's how it reads. Of course, NFL Network could be added to only the NEW Gold package, which I do not have.

Guess I'll find out in the morning assuming the news is true.

Now all we need is HD Net...

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
Tuckahoe, NY
reply to eorent1
It'd be nice if they'd put NFL Network on 792. Then we'd have a nice NBA TV, MLB Network, NHL Network, NFL Network block from 789-792.

As it stands now, NFL Network with interrupt two ESPN channels.

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
Tuckahoe, NY
reply to eorent1
NFL Network is live! No Data Available, but the picture is broadcasting. Nice.

kickass69

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
NFL Network is showing up with guide data on 150 and 795 but it's just a blank screen as of the time of this post. NFL RedZone hasn't shown up at 151 yet.

RemyM

Stamford, CT
reply to eorent1
NFL Network live in CT on channels 150 and 795.

RemyM

Stamford, CT
reply to kickass69
RedZone won't be added until the last week of August.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
See my post above

RemyM

Stamford, CT
Per the packages on Cablevision's web site the only grandfathered package that got NFL Network is iO Gold. So if you don't want to change to the new iO Preferred or higher you would have to add the iO Sports and Entertainment Pak at $6.95 a month to get it, then you'll also get Red Zone when that launches.

So it looks like those of you still with the old iO Silver that has HBO won't get it.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to jpr281
said by jpr281:

Earlier reports from the NFL and Newsday hinted (without explicitly saying so) that the NFL Network would be available to all Cablevision subscribers Friday.

But, from The Times:

"Starting Friday, it will beam the NFL Network to about half its three million subscribers..."

»www.nytimes.com/2012/08/17/sport···ers.html

Now, does that half only take in part non-digital subscribers? (Does anyone have a good estimate as to how much of the CV footprint is digital?)

Or does it mean that half of the subscribers do not pay for iO digital cable or the Sports Pak, which is the only way to get the channel?

»www.newsday.com/sports/media/nfl···.3909280

The NFL Network will be seen on Channel 150 in Cablevision homes that subscribe to iO Preferred, iO Silver, iO Gold or iO Sports and Entertainment Pak, which the NFL estimates covers half of Cablevision customers.

trotsky

@optonline.net
reply to RemyM
I have legacy IO silver with HBO and am getting NFL network as we speak.

RemyM

Stamford, CT
So then they updated their packages wrong on the website unless you also have the Sports Pak.

trotsky

@optonline.net
No Sports Pak. Although I do plan on getting it for Red Zone. Tired of streaming it from sites online. I thought the press release yesterday stated IO preferred, IO Silver, IO Gold, or sports and entertainment pak. I don't know. Just happy to have it.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
reply to eorent1
I'm away from home but is any one in nj not upgraded to all digital getting nfl in hd?

td100776
Premium
join:2002-12-19
Manalapan NJ
i got it this morning

kickass69

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

1 edit
reply to dm145
I can confirm for you that on digital/analog systems like ours it IS in HD. Funny thing is the game they're showing the Monday Night Football preseason game from earlier this week and it has small column bars on the sides but now I noticed that's only when they have the stats/news feed on the bottom.

dm145

Clifton, NJ
Cool. The guide in my optimum app showed it as nflhd on ch 150