uniqs
ksharp250
join:2010-09-24
Middletown, PA

ksharp250

[MoP] Blizzard Cinematic Opening

Here it is.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· embedded

I am sure others have seen it (maybe even posted it, I couldnt find it on first couple pages). I have to admit, even the most bored, tired of the game, kinda over WoW vets (like myself) might give pause a moment after seeing this. Blizzard has always been exceptional at cinematic trailers and stirring juices to play something. Might be a 60 game card in my future along with this.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

that is bloody BRILLIANT!
ksharp250
join:2010-09-24
Middletown, PA

ksharp250

Yea. 2:28 -2:34 is the most PRICELESS moment of the whole thing...ROFL

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to ksharp250

Premium Member

to ksharp250
PM me your e-mail I'll send your a Scroll of rez
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to ksharp250

Premium Member

to ksharp250
they could make full length features that look like that and i would watch all of them, live action or not, that is awesome.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I completely agree. Man... I'd love to see a feature-length film of this content. They don't need big-budget actors... just extend what they are already doing for these clips.

Caelharrad
join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO

Caelharrad to ksharp250

to ksharp250
My work computer blocks YouTube, as well as all YouTube embedded vids - but I found this:

»winfuture.de/videos/Spie ··· 895.html

The ad preceding the clip is in German, but the clip is in English. And - holy schmoly, does that make me want for September 25 to get here a LOT quicker.

bTU
join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO

bTU to ksharp250

to ksharp250
Very well done, just what we've come to expect from Blizz promos. LK was my favorite, but this one is just as good to me as BC's and Cata's.

Hopefully the ingame cinematics live up to this. I was disappointed in Cata's. Great promos on TV and in the opening when you loaded the game, but no voice acting for over half of the ingame ones. None of the Uldum cinematics or characters had voices, and it was my favorite Cata zone chain. Though mostly because Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my favorite movies. But we had to listen to Therazane's voice for Deepholm.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to ksharp250

Premium Member

to ksharp250
Be nice if orcs and humans looked anything like that then maybe I would play one of those races....

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to cymraeg

MVM

to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

they could make full length features that look like that and i would watch all of them, live action or not, that is awesome.

Kind of makes you wonder why they would even bother outsourcing a WoW movie. Not knowing the time and effort involved in these I think they could do a great job in house.

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to ksharp250

to ksharp250
I CAN'T WATCH THIS AT WORK!!!

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

said by mettachain:

damn websense....

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to mettachain

MVM

to mettachain
If you're blocked try the link that Caelharrad See Profile provided.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

I can't watch this at work ether
ok oddly youtube isn't blocked by our websense but I'm in a cubical and I'd like to have audio.

RockCake
Premium Member
join:2005-07-12
Woodbridge, VA

RockCake to ksharp250

Premium Member

to ksharp250
Click for full size
"It's dangerous to go alone. Take this."

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Caelharrad

to Caelharrad
Thank you Caelharrad! It worked! That was a pretty sweet cinematic. Yes, that still shot of the human handing the orc a weapon was priceless. Nice short film.

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega

Premium Member

I enjoyed that, but I am still going to stay away from this game. Not worth it.
bpoff17
join:2009-03-31

bpoff17 to ksharp250

to ksharp250
I enjoyed it! Let me echo the comments of others about watching a series of these shorts, or even a feature film like this!

Now will it draw back former players? Who knows!

Jakiel00
join:2007-12-12
Mckinney, TX

Jakiel00 to ksharp250

to ksharp250
Makes me want to play a monk!

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to ksharp250

to ksharp250
while some o' the more head strong "i ain't playing no freakin' panda, cuz pandas is for girls, an' i ain't no girl. I hate evry-thang about pandas, and they ruin my game. It won't ever be fun again. But that mount looks cool." crowd will stick to their guns, others will continue (cuz they never stopped) playing.

So pandas eh? Sounds likes fun.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy to RockCake

to RockCake
Rockcake that scene was my favorite part!
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to ksharp250

Premium Member

to ksharp250
That bear had moments that reminded me of a Jackie Chan movie for some reason. just some of those "Come at me" bits.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to ksharp250

Premium Member

to ksharp250
I really like the cinematic - watched it on the beta last night (it's under the cinematics part on the logon screen if you're in the beta) The only fault I have with it, is it still does nothing to explain the point of this expansion! Cata had Deathwing erupting up and causing the breaking, Lich had the intro story for him, etc. What does this one do?

"Why do we fight?" dur, why are you HERE? What's the reasoning? What's the point?

Basically, it doesn't make me WANT the game, like Cata did, even though I've got it preordered.

Still looks sweet, and they are really good at making cinematics.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

A horde and Ally ship were at war in uncharted waters, and landed on new found land (not to be confused with Newfoundland)

A panda monk gave em a beat down and they became interested.

Ya needs work IMO
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to ksharp250

Premium Member

to ksharp250
i like this expac cause there isnt anything thats world ending, the raids are pertinent to Pandaria, it isnt omg!Azeroth is going to hell in hand basket!, just some good old warcraft, i might see if i can find my copy of Orcs v Humans when i get home.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

Well, honestly after watching the video, I was like "Cool video"....but that was it. Neat video with no substance.

I have pre-purchased MoP but this is the first xpac since WoW came out that I am not choppin at the bit to play....There is not a part of me that wants to quest til 90 and grind out successive raids until the next tier...I think 6-7 years is enough of the hamster wheel. Fuck the carrot.

I have 2 characters left I havent deleted ,my main (Rogue) and my alt (warrior). I may log on for the first month but I think Im going to let my sub die out.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Skittles:

Fuck the carrot.

not your medical opinion, I'd wager.

Skittles
Premium Member

Skittles

Premium Member

said by Immer:

said by Skittles:

Fuck the carrot.

not your medical opinion, I'd wager.

Considering that is all I do all day long, giving medical opinions, it wasnt meant to be one, no.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

Doctor, Doctor it hurts when i do this!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by cymraeg:

Doctor, Doctor it hurts when i do this!

Well don't do that.

But I'm not doing that I'm doing this.

Well then stop doing what causes pain.

but I'm not doing what causes pain I'm doing this.