Search similar:

uniqs
tmc8080
join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY

1 recommendation

tmc8080

new beginning..

Google has no established reputation from walking away from projects they spend several million dollars to deploy infrastructure, particularly FTTP lines and equipment.. Don't forget, these fiber builds do have to have a kind of central office to deal with provisioning- similar to telco.. these are not just DUMB pipes you hook directly up to a backbone at full capable speed of the equipment.

These franchises have given google the benefit of the doubt as to their commitment to FTTP service. As far as redlining goes, Google stated UPFRONT what their threshold is for wiring a comminity. If after getting decent ROI and uptake numbers, why would they walk away from it? The simple fact is, if a rich community has high signups and wants FTTP, they'll get it, if the poor communitiy doesn't sign up, they dont' get it.. simple as that, and that's not redlining, that's the cold facts of wants and want-nots.. communities should consider themselves LUCKY to have the option of signing up.. don't forget.. you don't have to have the $70 or $125 service to be a participant and push enough signups to wire a community w/ installations; the free ($300 installation) service will enable a community to be wired just the same if enough people are willing to commit to FTTP. The bad PR alone from google refusing to wire a community in which the majority of "subscribers" are at the 5mbit "FREE" service level.. would cause communities to think before jumping at any knight in shining armor offering to wire a community.

** Tell me what a telco or cableco is doing to earn your business? It can't be any better than GOOGLE, that's for damn sure..

The Limit
Premium Member
join:2007-09-25
Denver, CO

1 recommendation

The Limit

Premium Member

...but that's arguing with common sense and factual evidence, not hyperbole like a select few like to use here, especially the ones who are ALL for big business and zero customer satisfaction.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

1 edit

tshirt

Premium Member

said by The Limit:

... especially the ones who are ALL for big business and zero customer satisfaction.

Nobody, including big business is in favor of zero customer satisfaction.
Sometimes big business places other goals first, and sometimes they are just hamfisted about massaging the customers back, but everyone relieses it is far easier to live with happy customers, who are general satisfied with service, and are much more likely to buy profitable extras.
truely unsatisfied customer cut service to the bone or leave for other, even higher priced services or do without.

on the other hand some people complain endlessly about service and feel everything is overpriced, because they have unrealistic ideas about what it should cost and what they should be entitled too.

The Limit
Premium Member
Denver, CO

The Limit

Premium Member

Tell that to the DSL monopoly in my small town. They could care less about "happy" customers here, and I haven't just been sitting on my butt about it either. I've been active with getting in touch with the FCC and BBB (BBB is useless, but still tried). I'm not talking about the local telephone company complaining about not having enough money, I'm talking about almost the entire town complaining about slow service.

I don't feel like the service I have now is overpriced. I want my service to work as was advertised to me, I don't feel like this is unreasonable, unless I'm missing something here. I realize that infrastructure and support are big costs in the game, and I understand that there are costs and profits to be made, but those profits can be made ethically (not in the case with Verizon casting off some of its DSL markets to Fairpoint, frozen FTTH expansion which really makes no sense even if Verizon does cherrypick installations which I understand needs to be done, or AT&T's frozen expansion of UVERSE). Not a big fan of UVERSE, but that's another story.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

said by The Limit:

I don't feel like the service I have now is overpriced. I want my service to work as was advertised to me,

and that is reasonable, you deserve to get what they advertize.
I'm not sure who you complain to in your area, I would be lookt to the FCC, FTC, State attorney general, local and congressional reps, and first most get a few like mind people together and approach the VP or managers of the company (formal face to face meeting) to inform them how unhappy YOU all are and what are they willing to do to fix it, if they don't help go up the chain.
All this companies have some sort of franchise or liesence that goes through a public renewal process, and they really don't want vocal meeting attendee's or letter writers to be unhappy.

The Limit
Premium Member
Denver, CO

The Limit

Premium Member

If I do end up moving back, this will more than likely be the next phase. Thanks for the advice.
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned) to tmc8080

to tmc8080
LMAO! they don't have one cause they NEVER doen it before! LMAO!

And you do realize their ROI is going to be very low right? Even FiOS numbers are well below what their project numbers were to be, and still are.

And okay- its not redlining when Google does it- but its redlinging when Verizon does it ? makes sense right?

actually- WOW- best customer service and team around!

The Limit
Premium Member
Denver, CO

The Limit

Premium Member

Sources? Or just ranting? Sometimes I don't get what you are trying to say.