andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to jebbj19

MVM

to jebbj19

Re: [Praise] more channels in HD

I wish I had Smithsonian HD. We got the SD a few months ago, but no HD. I've gotten hooked on "Air Disasters" and "The Real Story". To see HD, I have to go to OnDemand for the few they carry.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I like air disasters and air emergency. Although Air Emergency isn't on that much anymore.
spidershowl
join:2012-07-25
New York, NY

spidershowl to andyross

to andyross
said by andyross:

I wish I had Smithsonian HD. We got the SD a few months ago, but no HD. I've gotten hooked on "Air Disasters" and "The Real Story". To see HD, I have to go to OnDemand for the few they carry.

Air Disasters is one of my favorite shows that I don't like to miss. I have found that to be a very informative about the incidents that I have not heard before and the reasons that I never thought to be possible. It also illustrates how a smallest of mistakes triggers the biggest disasters.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich to andyross

to andyross
said by andyross:

I wish I had Smithsonian HD. We got the SD a few months ago, but no HD.

Same here; even though they got rid of ALL the rest of the analog channels - they should have PLENTY of room now for more HD, such as this (HD) staple!

andyross
MVM
Aurora, IL

andyross to spidershowl

MVM

to spidershowl
said by spidershowl:

said by andyross:

Air Disasters is one of my favorite shows that I don't like to miss. I have found that to be a very informative about the incidents that I have not heard before and the reasons that I never thought to be possible. It also illustrates how a smallest of mistakes triggers the biggest disasters.

I need to do some digging on the program. The Guide says the episodes are 2012, but the copyright at the end is 2009. It is actually a Canadian show (as 90% of cable shows seem to be these days!)

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I think the listings go by when it was first aired on the channel. Which means the show could have been suspended 2 years ago in canada but since it was the first time on tv here it is considered new.
nysports4evr
Premium Member
join:2010-01-23

nysports4evr to andyross

Premium Member

to andyross
said by andyross:

said by spidershowl:

said by andyross:

I need to do some digging on the program. The Guide says the episodes are 2012, but the copyright at the end is 2009. It is actually a Canadian show (as 90% of cable shows seem to be these days!)

Air Disasters on Smithsonian is the Canadian series "Mayday," of which new episodes are still being produced.

See »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma ··· _series)

andyross
MVM
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

Weird. It looks like we are seeing them in mixed up order, and only some of the later episodes. It says Discovery and NatGeo also had some rights, but I don't know if they ever aired here.