Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to sbrook

Premium Member

to sbrook

Re: Stealth speed upgrade for Lite

said by sbrook:

Rogers is changing universally to D3 modems ... they don't want to support D2 or even D1 modems on their network any more. It's not that you can't technically use them ... just standardization.

I can confirm this as well.. tech and I had a conversation about this for quite some time. Techs aren't carrying anything but D3 in their vans. He was complaining about space and that he dumped all his older modems now

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Tx:

I can confirm this as well.. tech and I had a conversation about this for quite some time. Techs aren't carrying anything but D3 in their vans. He was complaining about space and that he dumped all his older modems now

What about for business customers? I still have a Webstar docsis 2.0 at work. whenever they've been replaced in the past its always been with a D2 modem whether a SB5100 or a webstar.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

said by Tx:

What about for business customers? I still have a Webstar docsis 2.0 at work. whenever they've been replaced in the past its always been with a D2 modem whether a SB5100 or a webstar.

Can't confirm business myself. Just know what the tech and I were talking about. From my understanding is Rogers is moving away from multiple products to stick with the minimal. 1 type of D3 1 type of or should say brand of router. Netgears is my understanding what they are forcing on everyone slowly.

He was just complaining about how packed his truck was and how he'll finally have room once so and so items are finally gone.