spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cortr
@bhn.net

cortr

Anon

[TV] Casselberry, FL - Tivo Premiere and Tuning Adapter Issue

Searching through the internet, I haven't found a posted problem quite like the one we are having.

We just moved and had our Tivo Premiere setup on Bright House network. Without the tuning adapter all the non-SDV channels we are able to get come in fine, on the right channel description. Once the tuning adapter is connected all the HD channels go haywire. The non-SDV HD channels that were previously fine, "disappear." Some are replaced by regular cable channel feeds of different stations (i.e. regular Cartoon Network shows up on a local HD network channel). The SDV channels have the same thing problem at a few channels, a small number of the channels have the proper HD feed come through, while the rest of the channels are non-existent.

All of this was after four techs came over a week span. All having the same issue when hooking up the tuning adapter. They did reboots of the tuning adapter and Tivo, swapped out two different CableCards and two tuning adapters.

The final tech was someone who was experienced with CableCards and tuning adapters. He said everything was checking out fine, but couldn't find the problem.

Has anything like this happened before? Is there a solution?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

4 edits

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Re: [TV] Casselberry, FL - Tivo Premiere and Tuning Adapter Issu

I know exactly how to fix this Do a reset to defaults on the TiVo. This is the destructive one that erases everything and takes about two hours. Once done your TA will work just fine. This happens sometimes when you bring your TiVo from another provider. WARNING...THIS ERASES EVERYTHING I DO MEAN EVERYTHING.

If you want me to call you just to confirm the symptoms and service status open a direct forums thread and I will be in touch.

------------------------------

How do I delete or clear all recordings and preferences?

By performing the procedure below, you will return your TiVo DVR to its factory settings, which means that you will erase all Season Passes, WishLists and settings.

WARNING: If you have a DVR with CableCARD(s), you will need to have each CableCARD paired (bound) again after the DVR completes the Clear & Delete Everything process.

A screen will pop up to notify you that you need to contact your cable provider if you tune to a copy-protected channel. Analog, unencrypted, and encrypted channels that are not copy protected will be viewable without having the cards paired.

To delete or clear all recordings and preferences, go to TiVo Central:

TiVo with HD menus: Go to Messages & settings > Help > Restart or Reset System > Clear and Delete Everything.

TiVo with SD menus: Go to Messages & Settings >Restart or Reset System > Clear and Delete Everything.

NOTE: As a safety measure, you will need to press THUMBS DOWN three times and then ENTER to begin Clear and Delete Everything. This process can take several hours to complete.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to cortr

Premium Member

to cortr
If you decide to go this route with me it would be best for you to open a direct forums thread so I can get you paired again after its done...will save you a phone call to the office.
lmdc
join:2012-06-14
Orlando, FL

lmdc

Sorry for sticking my nose into this but did the OP do a repeat of guided setup prior to bringing the TiVo to Brighthouse? I would hate to see this person lose all recordings/settings on the TiVo without doing guided setup. That's what TiVo recommends whenever switching providers. Clear & Delete should be a last resort type deal for obvious reasons.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by lmdc:

Sorry for sticking my nose into this but did the OP do a repeat of guided setup prior to bringing the TiVo to Brighthouse? I would hate to see this person lose all recordings/settings on the TiVo without doing guided setup. That's what TiVo recommends whenever switching providers. Clear & Delete should be a last resort type deal for obvious reasons.

If this is what I think it is...it won't work. Hence the reason I want him to contact me to verify.

cortrr
@bhn.net

cortrr

Anon

Thanks for the response. I will be busy for most of the morning, but will open a direct forums later today to check. We did transfer over from Comcast, since that was already built into our apartment rental where we were at.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to cortr

Premium Member

to cortr
Okay when you are ready let me know...
cortr
join:2012-08-17
Casselberry, FL

cortr

I opened a direct forums thread.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to cortr

Premium Member

to cortr
Okay checking now...what have you done so far?
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to lmdc

Premium Member

to lmdc
said by lmdc:

And sticking your nose in is always welcome here as sometimes two or more heads are better than one. . This issue however I'm unfortunately all too familiar with recently. Been there done that with this one....In this case that was the recommended fix from TiVo actually.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to cortr

Premium Member

to cortr
I'm please to report this issue by Cortr has been resolve with the process above. Thank you for working with me yesterday and today...