Search similar:

uniqs

gambitNJ
@optonline.net

gambitNJ to ilsno

Anon

to ilsno

Re: WPIX is Gone

Why on Earth would you want to watch the Mets play at all? They are a Single A ball team at best...

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to Jmartz0

MVM

to Jmartz0
Considering that Rainbow and Dish finally came to an agreement over AMC Networks after almost four months, there's hope that they may eventually work something out between Tribune and Cablevision.
cysko
join:2004-11-16
East Moriches, NY

cysko to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0
Personally I LOVE antenna TV.. Dragnet, Adam 12, Beaver, Hazel all the great oldies... I hope it comes back. I actually might move elsewhere if it doesn't. There is so little on TV these days that I enjoy....

td100776
Premium Member
join:2002-12-19
Keansburg, NJ

td100776 to gambitNJ

Premium Member

to gambitNJ
said by gambitNJ :

Why on Earth would you want to watch the Mets play at all?

Comedy Relief
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704 to gambitNJ

Premium Member

to gambitNJ
said by gambitNJ :

Why on Earth would you want to watch the Mets play at all? They are a Single A ball team at best...

The Mets have heart.

----------------------------

The Yankees are arrogant while having nothing to be arrogant about. They lost shamefully to the Detroit Tigers!

And the Yankees actually pose a security threat to metro New York by hijacking WCBS Newsradio 880 every goddamn day for their goddamn ballgames. Millions of people depend on WCBS for urgent news, yet every damn afternoon the Yankees hijack it for their silly games. (WINS Radio is not a substitute, it has much shorter range).

StudioTech
Off The Air
join:2001-10-10
Edison, NJ

2 recommendations

StudioTech

said by PX Eliezer704:

And the Yankees actually pose a security threat to metro New York by hijacking WCBS Newsradio 880 every goddamn day for their goddamn ballgames. Millions of people depend on WCBS for urgent news, yet every damn afternoon the Yankees hijack it for their silly games. (WINS Radio is not a substitute, it has much shorter range).

Please step away from the keyboard.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

Thank goodness the Yankees are done and I can get my traffic reports every 10 minutes.
nyc79
join:2005-06-14
Bronx, NY

nyc79 to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0
I really don't watch it much anymore either, except for "Gossip Girl" (I've watched it since season 1 & wanna see it till the end). But I can just watch the episodes on the CW website. It used to be much better when "One Tree Hill" & "Smallville" were on, now it's just gone downhill. But I do also miss Antenna TV.

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

1 recommendation

Jmartz0 to PX Eliezer704

to PX Eliezer704
said by PX Eliezer704:

Just because there is a baseball game on does not mean they don't have to do EAS tests and broadcasts. If the news was THAT urgent you can be sure they will broadcast it. Might piss some people off but it would happen.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

The lack of traffic reports during Yankees games is a threat to my security and well being. Thank God the Yankees are done until next year.

The irony is that WCBS continues to do their regular broadcast during Yankees games on some digital subchannel that no one listens to.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

WCBS-FM HD3 does carry Yankee broadcasts. However WCBS continues their news format online. If staying in touch with the news is that important, download the smartphone app and listen online.

I'm sure they would break in if a major event occurred.
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

said by limegrass69:

If staying in touch with the news is that important, download the smartphone app and listen online.

I don't have a smartphone, so that is useless to me.

limegrass69
No Whammies

limegrass69

said by Bob4:

said by limegrass69:

If staying in touch with the news is that important, download the smartphone app and listen online.

Then stay home and listen online?
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

said by limegrass69:

said by Bob4:

said by limegrass69:

Then stay home and listen online?

Doesn't do me much good when the point is to monitor the traffic conditions while I'm driving.

limegrass69
No Whammies

1 recommendation

limegrass69

I thought you were concerned if there was an emergency.
Anyhow, then it sounds like you're screwed during the 160 or so Yankee games if all you're willing to accept is WCBS 880. Sirius/XM has a traffic and weather channel that provides updated information for the NY area. Maybe you should invest in a satellite radio...or a navigation system that provides similar data. Also, doesn't News 12 have a number you can call and listen to the audio of their Traffic and Weather channels? You could put that number on your "friends and family" list and listen to that all day on your cell phone!

I think we may be off topic

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by limegrass69:

....You could put that number on your "friends and family" list and listen to that all day on your cell phone!

sorry but...... LMAO !
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4 to limegrass69

to limegrass69
No, that was someone else. I just want the traffic reports while I drive home from work.

Satellite radio traffic sucks. So does 1010 WINS.

NJ101.5 traffic is OK, but it's only every 15 minutes and is difficult to receive in northern NJ.

WCBS also has the benefit of their own traffic helicopter.

I have no idea what News12 does regarding traffic. (What's "friends and family"?)

WPIX --> Yankees --> WCBS --> traffic... It's all related.
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

»www.511nj.org/

»www.511ny.org/
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

That web site is a total disaster. And it doesn't do me any good once I'm in my car.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

What does all this have to do with wpix and cablevision?
Bob4
Account deleted
New Jersey

Bob4

WPIX --> Yankees --> WCBS --> traffic... It's all related.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

Yankees are on wwor not wpix
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM to Bob4

to Bob4
said by Bob4:

That web site is a total disaster. And it doesn't do me any good once I'm in my car.

Dial 511 from your cell phone.

td100776
Premium Member
join:2002-12-19
Keansburg, NJ
TP-Link Archer A2300

td100776 to dm145

Premium Member

to dm145
said by dm145:

What does all this have to do with wpix and cablevision?

WPIX is not missed so much that even the subject has gone off topic

mech1164
I'll Be Back
join:2001-11-19
Lodi, NJ

mech1164 to Jmartz0

to Jmartz0
What is sad is how awful people think PIX is. Not that i'm disagreeing, just shows how outta wack Tribune thought they were important. I am curious though in how this all breaks down eventually. Cablevision is not hurting at all with Pix being off. CW and Tribune that's another story.

limegrass69
No Whammies

limegrass69

said by mech1164:

What is sad is how awful people think PIX is. Not that i'm disagreeing, just shows how outta wack Tribune thought they were important. I am curious though in how this all breaks down eventually. Cablevision is not hurting at all with Pix being off. CW and Tribune that's another story.

Also, the small percentage of Cablevision subscribers who receive their Fox programming from WTIC-TV -- they're getting shafted as Fox network has some sports programming of value (NFL, MLB, NASCAR, etc.) to many people.

mech1164
I'll Be Back
join:2001-11-19
Lodi, NJ

mech1164

said by limegrass69:

said by mech1164:

Also, the small percentage of Cablevision subscribers who receive their Fox programming from WTIC-TV -- they're getting shafted as Fox network has some sports programming of value (NFL, MLB, NASCAR, etc.) to many people.

You have to wonder though how much farther Tribune is going to push this. Cablevision is in no hurry to get this fixed and I bet Tribune is starting to hear about it. So by what date? I'll be generous and say after the new year. THough I think that might change to an earlier date soon.

civic110
@optonline.net

civic110

Anon

Looks like WPIX and Antenna TV are back!

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

It sure is! 9 weeks of no Antenna TV makes Homer Simpson go something something.

Now we will all lose WPIX and Antenna TV when SAndy causes the cable and power to go out. D'oh!
mbernste

mbernste to Jmartz0

MVM

to Jmartz0
Also with no World Series gone in CT, I think Cablevision may have felt some pressure and showed some flexibility with coming to agreement. The Fox ploy by Tribune probably paid off for them.