Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

join:2008-05-28
reply to Bob4

Re: WPIX is Gone

WCBS-FM HD3 does carry Yankee broadcasts. However WCBS continues their news format online. If staying in touch with the news is that important, download the smartphone app and listen online.

I'm sure they would break in if a major event occurred.

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by limegrass69:

If staying in touch with the news is that important, download the smartphone app and listen online.

I don't have a smartphone, so that is useless to me.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

said by Bob4:

said by limegrass69:

If staying in touch with the news is that important, download the smartphone app and listen online.

Then stay home and listen online?

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by limegrass69:

said by Bob4:

said by limegrass69:

Then stay home and listen online?

Doesn't do me much good when the point is to monitor the traffic conditions while I'm driving.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

1 recommendation

I thought you were concerned if there was an emergency.
Anyhow, then it sounds like you're screwed during the 160 or so Yankee games if all you're willing to accept is WCBS 880. Sirius/XM has a traffic and weather channel that provides updated information for the NY area. Maybe you should invest in a satellite radio...or a navigation system that provides similar data. Also, doesn't News 12 have a number you can call and listen to the audio of their Traffic and Weather channels? You could put that number on your "friends and family" list and listen to that all day on your cell phone!

I think we may be off topic

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
said by limegrass69:

....You could put that number on your "friends and family" list and listen to that all day on your cell phone!

sorry but...... LMAO !
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to limegrass69
No, that was someone else. I just want the traffic reports while I drive home from work.

Satellite radio traffic sucks. So does 1010 WINS.

NJ101.5 traffic is OK, but it's only every 15 minutes and is difficult to receive in northern NJ.

WCBS also has the benefit of their own traffic helicopter.

I have no idea what News12 does regarding traffic. (What's "friends and family"?)

WPIX --> Yankees --> WCBS --> traffic... It's all related.

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
That web site is a total disaster. And it doesn't do me any good once I'm in my car.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
What does all this have to do with wpix and cablevision?

Bob4
Account deleted

New Jersey
WPIX --> Yankees --> WCBS --> traffic... It's all related.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Yankees are on wwor not wpix

RemyM

join:2005-02-14
Stamford, CT
kudos:1
reply to Bob4
said by Bob4:

That web site is a total disaster. And it doesn't do me any good once I'm in my car.

Dial 511 from your cell phone.

td100776
Premium
join:2002-12-19
Manalapan NJ
reply to dm145
said by dm145:

What does all this have to do with wpix and cablevision?

WPIX is not missed so much that even the subject has gone off topic

mech1164
I'll Be Back

join:2001-11-19
Lodi, NJ
reply to Jmartz
What is sad is how awful people think PIX is. Not that i'm disagreeing, just shows how outta wack Tribune thought they were important. I am curious though in how this all breaks down eventually. Cablevision is not hurting at all with Pix being off. CW and Tribune that's another story.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

said by mech1164:

What is sad is how awful people think PIX is. Not that i'm disagreeing, just shows how outta wack Tribune thought they were important. I am curious though in how this all breaks down eventually. Cablevision is not hurting at all with Pix being off. CW and Tribune that's another story.

Also, the small percentage of Cablevision subscribers who receive their Fox programming from WTIC-TV -- they're getting shafted as Fox network has some sports programming of value (NFL, MLB, NASCAR, etc.) to many people.

mech1164
I'll Be Back

join:2001-11-19
Lodi, NJ
said by limegrass69:

said by mech1164:

Also, the small percentage of Cablevision subscribers who receive their Fox programming from WTIC-TV -- they're getting shafted as Fox network has some sports programming of value (NFL, MLB, NASCAR, etc.) to many people.

You have to wonder though how much farther Tribune is going to push this. Cablevision is in no hurry to get this fixed and I bet Tribune is starting to hear about it. So by what date? I'll be generous and say after the new year. THough I think that might change to an earlier date soon.

civic110

@optonline.net
Looks like WPIX and Antenna TV are back!

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
It sure is! 9 weeks of no Antenna TV makes Homer Simpson go something something.

Now we will all lose WPIX and Antenna TV when SAndy causes the cable and power to go out. D'oh!

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
reply to Jmartz
Also with no World Series gone in CT, I think Cablevision may have felt some pressure and showed some flexibility with coming to agreement. The Fox ploy by Tribune probably paid off for them.

limegrass69
Here's my Posting tag

Not sure if that was it. The affected subscribers are a relatively small percentage of the overall Cablevision population.

In any case, it is good that they worked it out. I hope our bills don't increase!!

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
said by limegrass69:

Not sure if that was it. The affected subscribers are a relatively small percentage of the overall Cablevision population.

Bad publicity, no matter how small a population isn't good. Also it would not surprise me if MLB and Fox (especially with sweeps starting next week) started giving Cablevision grief. Aso anything that puts ammunition in FiOS and U-Verse's advertising arsenal isn't good.

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to RemyM
Important to note for Connecticut customers in the Bridgeport area, including Fairfield, Stratford and parts of Milford.

»www.ctpost.com/news/article/Trib···5865.php

"But the Tribune stations will not be coming back in Fairfield County.

While it's good news for Cablevision customers in New Haven and Litchfield counties, who were without any Fox or CW national and local programming during the blackout, it's the end of an era for those in the Bridgeport area, including Fairfield, Stratford and parts of Milford, which for years has had duplicate affiliates of both Fox and CW.

The agreement ends that duplication for customers in the New York designated market area, where WNYW is considered the local Fox station, Cablevision said. Local programming available before the blackout, like Fox CT news and talk shows "The Stan Simpson Show," and "The Real Story," will no longer be available in Fairfield County as a result of the agreement."

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to limegrass69
said by limegrass69:

Right. Tribune is not a big player in cable networks (like CBS or NBC is). WGN America is the only major cable network that comes to mind where Tribune is the big stakeholder.

Considering WGN is in the lineups in part of the Optimum West territory which includes Montana, Utah and Wyoming...It's too bad WGN America isn't listed as part of the new agreement so the rest of us in Optimum East can watch it.

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online
reply to Jmartz
Here is what Cablevision says:
said by optimum :
We appreciate your patience.
PIX11 is back on Optimum and FOX is back everywhere in Connecticut.

Thanks for bearing with us while we negotiated with Tribune, the owner of the stations in your area that were recently removed from Optimum.

The process took longer than it should have but simply conceding to Tribune's demands could have led to a rate increase. And that wouldn't have been fair to you.

In the end, we were able to reach a fair agreement. We're sorry it meant having to go without some channels for a while and we appreciate your patience.

Tribune-owned stations are back on Optimum. So, whether you're looking for the World Series, Vampire Diaries or Seinfeld at 11, we've got you covered.

Thank you.

--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

Mike06

@optonline.net
reply to Jmartz
PIX11, Cablevision Reach an Agreement, Returning Channel 11 to the Airwaves and Antenna tv.

DownTheShore
RIP tmpchaos
Premium
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ
kudos:14
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL

1 edit
reply to Jmartz
I was just flicking through the channels, and lo and behold, WPIX is on (and they are showing the animated film, "Home On The Range" which is a very amusing film).

Antenna is back, too, which is good news for those of us on Basic Broadcast.

ilsno

@optonline.net
I like Antenna TV too. Seems like most customers were more upset about losing Antenna than WPIX which just shows you how much WPIX has fallen since its heyday in the late 70s.

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
Piscataway, NJ
reply to Jmartz

TiVo Guide Updated With WPIX/Antenna TV?

Has anyone's TiVo's updated yet with guide info for the Tribune stations? They were quick to take the channels off when we lost them on August 17th, but they're still not back on my TiVO. I even did a forced guide update several hours ago to see. My Samsung box on the other hand has the guide info for them (actually I never lost Antenna TV's listings on the Samsung).

frdrizzt

join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY
kudos:3
I'd give TiVO 24 hrs to get it corrected, then try contacting them if it's still not there. I'd give it an additional day if you don't really care, but were pointing it out as an observation.