Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
reply to DarkLogix

Re: [Cataclysm] Tired of the attitude

I think it would take more work than Blizzard is willing to put into anything (hell, look at how much art they recycled in DS - 90%), but you could develop an automated system that could be used for reporting flagrantly bad behavior. My ideas:
- Simple dropdown menu with 4-5 succint options:
- language (obscene, racist, etc)
- harassment
- extremely poor performance/deliberate griefing
- Several reports would not result in any sort of account action. Multiple reports (5+, over a 7 day span) would result in the offender being flagged to the community (perhaps over their head in their guild/name slot). Any kicks against them would not count against the vote kick penalty. 7 days without repeat offense would remove the flag.
- Repeated offense (X amount of times in a month) would result in a ban from all LFD/LFR system use for Y amount of days.

clawfury

Rochester, MI
The only problem with all of this - is if you flushed all of the a$$hats out of WoW, you might have to shut down the servers. I'd bet you'd have like 5,000 players left.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
harassment/griefing should be added to the "report player" list.

djlar

join:2009-04-23
Harrassment reporting is added on MoP, griefing could be considered as such...

In order to ban someone they'll have to receive multiple reports and investigate if it was true, false reports are a-plenty...

clawfury

Rochester, MI
Yeah, the other huge problem is false reports. I guess it all just falls back on finding a group of people you trust and are comfortable with to burn out your VP. Having to have a real live person investigate every "multiple report" situation would become very expensive, very quickly.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
Ya that's why I said set it at 100 in a 28day span.

Getting to that level would take alot of bad. so I'd doubt there would be that many reach that level of bad.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to clawfury
agreed. In the end, we have all of the tools necessary to enjoy the greatest MMO on earth.

The automated reporting mechanism will probably try to correlate multiple reports of harassment before getting reviewed manually. Like that schmo who keeps starting madness in LFR because he gets there faster than anyone and enjoys being a reprobate. Multiple reports will be initiated (since you can't VTK during combat).
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Klick

@phelpsd.com
reply to clawfury
What if a ranking system was created for LFR/LFD, that grouped people together based on their rank. When someone gets kicked they get bumped down in ranking. Eventually all of the a$$hats would grouped together.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
I would love to see a ranking system based on player input. Absolutely love it.

puppy

join:2010-01-28
Make the rating BOA so they won't just hop on a new toon

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to Immer
They already have a ranking system in place....it's called playing with someone...FFS it's an MMO, you're supposed to play with people. If you dont like them, dont play with them. If it's a grp where someone is an ass kick them, if you cant then leave grp....

"I dont want to leave I'll get a dropout timer" who gives a shit, so you have to wait 30min, its not like the world is ending or you are so inconvenienced by waiting...what are you waiting for?...I have to wait 30min to get my VP so I can by m newz helm that will be outdated in 3 months.....

My hate for this game grows daily....

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Skittles:

...what's really bothering you, friend?

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
said by Immer:

said by Skittles:

...what's really bothering you, friend?

lack of political and religous talk on this forum....

seriously though, nothing really ....just bored.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to puppy
said by puppy:

Make the rating BOA so they won't just hop on a new toon

I disagree. I think it would be nice to have a separate ranking based on toon and even spec. Something that allows total strangers to say, "cool... looks like this guy knows his stuff". changing specs (at the class trainer), every new raiding tier... it all resets your score to zero... much like Arena ranking (yes it can be gamed, but who really cares?). Only kicks drop your "rating", and a non-vote doesn't hurt you either. You only get one vote per person per run.

Basically, I'm more concerned with rewards than punishments. If you see a highly ranked person being an ass... VTK because he's being a twerp this run.
--

clawfury

Rochester, MI
reply to Klick
I really like klick's idea. Can you imagine a full LFR of complete raving idiots? I think I would pay to observe that :P

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by clawfury:

I really like klick's idea. Can you imagine a full LFR of complete raving idiots? I think I would pay to observe that :P

+OVER 9,000

They'd wipe over and over again till they gave up.

djlar

reply to clawfury
What I'm gonna like is the account wide achievements, no more "bring the toon you have the achieve on or GTFO"

Like I recently wasn't invited to a PuG because my Hunter only had 5/8 HM, my main has 6/8H, they were running an 6/8H, so no inv.

Ramkor

@ultzindustries.com
reply to clawfury
said by clawfury:

Sample chat log:

Tank1: WTF? Wat's teh matter with u lameass helaers?
Healer1: )&%$^$#! You *&)*^#+ pulled when 16 of the dps were afk!
Healer2: *%^#!@( Tank2! Why are you in healing gear???
Tank2: Shut up *$&#^#$&*%#^! It's LFR, you should be able to heel it if I'm buckass naked!
Healer1: U didn't rdychk!
Tank1: *&^^#@% *($@%*: WTF? Y are we wiped?
Healer1: *&%#$$^&$*#$ u were afk!
Rogue1: It's LFR, u shood b able two do it wifhouf me!
Rogue1: *#)*$&%^! u kant healz 4 *&$#!
Rogue1: Recount Total Healing:
Rogue1: Healer3 1342 (50%)
Rogue1: Healer2 925 (34%)
Rogue1: Healer1 417 (16%)
Hunter1: sum1 got a mass rez? I'm not running back inn!
Tank1: just hurry up n run *&$#^#$#! Let's du thsi trash and get on to Morchok!

Gork
Ou812ic

join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT
reply to clawfury
I haven't even seen the inside of a dungeon or raid since Cataclysm hit and it's all because I'm tired of putting up with jerks.

And as far as the others who tell their stories of "getting back" at people like that, while it's entertaining and everyone likes poetic justice, it makes them no better than the jerk.

I'll pick a group of fun "baddies" any day over great players who are jerks, feeling the need to belittle and undermine. The game is truly nothing more than a time sink and I have no interesting in sinking my time into a cesspool.

clawfury

Rochester, MI
Gork,
I can definitely sympathize. I have (most of the time) a very thick skin, but the beginning of Cata was almost more than I could bear. I tanked on my paladin exclusively then, and the sheer amount of jerks was amazing. I agree with your point about "getting back", it really doesn't accomplish anything.

I'm very hopeful for Guild Wars 2. So far, it seems to limit the amount of opportunities that jerks have to ruin things for others (stealing nodes out from under you, being a jacka$$ with quest mobs, etc.). Also not as much of a time sink.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to Ramkor
I've been in that run a few times... sometimes I just turn on the TV and wait for the flame war to lead to ragequits... then pay attention when a substantial portion of the raid has been replaced... or I drop raid and move on with my life, lol.

clawfury

Rochester, MI
reply to Ramkor
said by Ramkor :

said by clawfury:

Sample chat log:

Tank2: Shut up *$&#^#$&*%#^! It's LFR, you should be able to heel it if I'm buckass naked!

+9000 Internet's

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to Ramkor
said by Ramkor :

You had me right up until this last part. There's no way in hell that the tank could spell "Morchok" correctly. "Mochrok", "Mochork", or even "Morcock" would have been believable.

djlar

reply to clawfury
Last night's LFR:

Ultraxion + trash = just fine, I did 33% of the DPS, as expected, near 50K with no lust (3 shamans 2 mages on group)

Gunship = just fine, tanks didn't get the adds together, still managed to pull 35K, no lust again, after advised them

Spine = this is when raid fell appart, IDK if we changed tanks or something, first plate was OK, everybody stopped DPS near 15% got 9 stacks and pulled it OK, second plate, offtank decides to taunt amalg, gets 9 stacks at 40%, we burned that thru but our Main tank that grabbed amalg again didn't pull it to the wall, explosion fails. get another amalg, start again, the damn OT grabs the amalg gets 9 stacks at 90%. People start dropping like flies, 3-4 bail, wipe.. raid over

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
reply to clawfury
Only issue is that there are those that would try to achieve said Dumba$$ title and The Kickme Achievement....I would be one of them.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by Tweakbl:

Only issue is that there are those that would try to achieve said Dumba$$ title and The Kickme Achievement....I would be one of them.

Even if it meant someone would literally show up at your door and kick you?

Have blizzard Dox people that clearly try to earn it.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by DarkLogix:

said by Tweakbl:

Don't get so worked up, brother... he's an admitted griefer. Besides, maybe its better to have these people at their desks than in the local malls, theaters, or public parks
--

facepalm

join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX
reply to Ramkor
said by Ramkor :

said by clawfury:

Sample chat log:

Man, I had forgotten how much fun WoW was. This brought it all back to me. lol.
--
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~ Thomas Jefferson

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

said by DarkLogix:

said by Tweakbl:

Don't get so worked up, brother... he's an admitted griefer. Besides, maybe its better to have these people at their desks than in the local malls, theaters, or public parks

So you're saying if blizz told you where some LFR/LFD jerk lived and it happen to be nearby you wouldn't even consider doing something?

Maybe get the school kids to TP his home.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
I wasn't saying that, but I'll say it now. I would do nothing. I judge the character of a person by his statements and actions... regardless if they are IRL or behind a keyboard. Fools pretend that the anonymity provided by the interwebs entitles them to a "benefit of the doubt".

I do not get to excuse myself from this standard. What would doing something to that neighbor speak of my character? Knowing this person was in my neighborhood would only serve as a warning flag..."so and so is poor of character... guard yourself and your family accordingly".
--