Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ramikor

@ultzindustries.com
reply to clawfury

Re: [Cataclysm] Tired of the attitude

said by clawfury:

It's the ones with awful attitudes and big mouths that are too much to bear.

Two comments:

First, it seems like there are more loudmouthed jerks than there really are because you remember them. There's no reason to remember the 25 runs you did right before this one where nobody had to say anything because everyone did an adequate job.

Second, I'd be surprised if everyone doesn't comes across as one of these guys at some point. Just recently, I was running randoms on a holy priest I'm leveling. In one dun, a mage was pulling mobs into the ongoing fights. I was able to heal through, but a dk dps died twice because of the sudden unexpected damage. Because of the pace the tank was going, didn't have a chance to call him on it until we hit a role play: then, I said in party "Hey, [toon], I don't know if you know this or not, but YOU'RE NOT A TANK, STOP PULLING $#!+!" when I should have whispered him "[Toon], please don't pull mobs, that makes it hard to heal."

Bottom line for me is that, yes, there are lots of jerks out there, but the majority of players aren't, and everyone acts like one at some point. Sometimes you just catch someone on a bad day.

Energystream
Premium
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY
reply to clawfury
I troll them and make them rage leave, very satisfying.

I was once yelled at because I was doing too much DPS on my hunter... go figure. People find anything to complain and whine about.

On the other side though I am a terribad tank.

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to Immer

Immerism
said by Immer:

I don't dps very often... but when I do... I hate it when I sneak ahead and CC a caster... only to have the tank pull the melee adds over to the CC'd caster, while his health bar just bleeds out... /sigh.

sorry, couldn't help myself.

edit for reference

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8

2 recommendations

My name is Immer... and I approve this message.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
reply to Energystream
said by Energystream:

I was once yelled at because I was doing too much DPS on my hunter... go figure. People find anything to complain and whine about.

As my main is a hunter, I have to say that I have never seen any DPS get yelled at for doing too much damage. I mean, do they want you to do LESS damage? "Hunter, my mage is supposed to top the meters. Please stop playing so well, or I will take my toys and go home."
Now, I've seen DPS get yelled at for pulling, for standing in the bad, etc. All the usual things. In one LFR, I saw a rogue stroll up and aggro Warlord Zon'ozz (guess he thought the tanks were waiting too long), then the SAME GUY immediately yells in /raid, "DAMMIT hunter control your pet!!" Nobody fell for it, but it was still kind of funny. Especially when the rogue got kicked.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
I've run into people who don't understand the difference between omen and recount (or don't know how to read them). If they are having trouble holding aggro and see one person pulling 60+% of the dmg done, they assume that is the reason for the threat issue... when it could just be that mage who focuses all of his 6k dps on the wrong target.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Energystream
said by Energystream:

I used to get yelled at because I was doing too much DPS on my pally. I was tanking. Yeah.

Tweakbl

join:2008-09-25
Rosedale, WV
Reviews:
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to clawfury
I make it my personal mission when I get stuck with bads, to ninja pull on everyone of them. Miss Direct/Feign Death then Leave Party. Screw you suckers. I will put up with a certain amount of Foolishness, until the person doing the stupid shit starts pointing fingers.
Then its game on!

Whispers to others in party sometimes happen, especially if one or 2 nubs are blaming them. Usually like this.....

Me : Whispers Member 1 = This guy is pissing me off. He is bad and calling you out when you did not do nothing.
Member 1 whispers back = I agree he is a jerk.
Me: Whispers Member 1 = When we get to Boss do not heal him.Do not aggro be ready to run.And or leave party.

Me : Misdirect/ Kicks boss in nuts/ Dismiss pet/ Feign Death

Me : Party Chat = Hey Nub enjoy your repair bill. Trolololol Next time shut the hell up.

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Cake
said by Cake:

said by clawfury:

I really don't mind people who suck, I don't. Those people can typically learn. It's the ones with awful attitudes and big mouths that are too much to bear. I've more than once vkicked the overgeared, foulmouthed, fingerpointing prick that would start berating someone who was low on the meters. I hate that person much more than I do the low dps person. I can carry a low dps person, usually without too much trouble.

^^^^This

I'll gladly carry an unskilled/undergeared player and will offer tips.

I go out of my way to let a turd mouth die. (not going to lie, I enjoy doing it)

Since I atonement heal in PvE content, I can offset low DPS. Because I have super bubbles and leap of faith, I can counter some bad skills.

same goes for me when i used to pve tank. i didnt mind carrying undergeared or new players through content as long as they were really making an effort. it was the d-bags (overgeared or not) that soured the game for me.

you may not believe this but i find more respectful ppl while engaging in world pvp or rbg tanking. we /salute after a good fight and communicate (even cross faction) more than when running dungeon groups.
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

Ramikor

@comcast.net
reply to Krisnatharok
OK, this one got to me: I zone into a dun on my 84 holy priest, buff up, ready to go. DK pulls first set of mobs and wtf, there's aggro everywhere? One mob has fixed itself to me, but I'm healing though it. The other four mobs go down AND THE DK GOES RUNNING TO THE NEXT PACK WHILE THE FINAL MOB AT NEARLY FULL HEALTH IS STILL BANGING ON ME! The dps kill the last mob and we go running to catch up with the tank, and I notice there's no bone shield running. I say "DK, where's your bone shield?" and no response -- he just keeps pulling mobs. I inspect and HE'S IN FROST in raid level (390+) dps gear!

I say DK, why aren't you in blood? and he says "Shut up and do your job." I immediately stop heals and take the wipe (which takes about 5 seconds because he has zero mitigation) and he starts laying into me.

By now I've had enough of him, and tell the group "I'm outta here" and leave the dungeon. The DK then says "get back here or we're kicking you in 2 minutes." Yeah, like that's a threat. I tell him, you might as well kick me now because I'm not coming back, but not quite that politely.

Just venting, but yeah, sometimes they do get to you.

Funny, though, I put up with less of this kind of stuff when I'm on my healer.

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to clawfury
this sort of attitude is what finally burned me out on this game. I had spent the whole of Cata trying to find a guild that took raiding seriously that didn't raid 5+ nights a week for 10+ hours a night. What I was able to find was a giant cesspool of ego and shitplaying. I spent close to $500 in server transfers/character changes and finally just gave up after my last guild where I was working on my legendary, on my own time, and the guild leader had a shit fit when I wouldn't let someone else on the cinders quest come in and have them. I literally just went off in guild/vent and haven't logged in more then 5 times since then.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Ramikor
said by Ramikor :

OK, this one got to me: I zone into a dun on my 84 holy priest, buff up, ready to go. DK pulls first set of mobs and wtf, there's aggro everywhere? One mob has fixed itself to me, but I'm healing though it. The other four mobs go down AND THE DK GOES RUNNING TO THE NEXT PACK WHILE THE FINAL MOB AT NEARLY FULL HEALTH IS STILL BANGING ON ME! The dps kill the last mob and we go running to catch up with the tank, and I notice there's no bone shield running. I say "DK, where's your bone shield?" and no response -- he just keeps pulling mobs. I inspect and HE'S IN FROST in raid level (390+) dps gear!

I say DK, why aren't you in blood? and he says "Shut up and do your job." I immediately stop heals and take the wipe (which takes about 5 seconds because he has zero mitigation) and he starts laying into me.

By now I've had enough of him, and tell the group "I'm outta here" and leave the dungeon. The DK then says "get back here or we're kicking you in 2 minutes." Yeah, like that's a threat. I tell him, you might as well kick me now because I'm not coming back, but not quite that politely.

Just venting, but yeah, sometimes they do get to you.

Funny, though, I put up with less of this kind of stuff when I'm on my healer.

I feel you. I'm a pretty vindictive healer as well when a PUG tries to pull shit like tanking in PVP gear or high-level-raid DPS gear.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Kilroy
You know how many times I've seen tanks do the 1st boss of WoE wrong?

The right way
1. pull
2. stay near the middle so dps and heals can kill it and heal you.
3. when he disappears tank stays in the middle, DPS heals hide behind pillars
4. when the eyes lock on to the tank heals/dps come out and engage boss

the way I've seen the last few times
1. pull
2. kite all over the place making ranged and heals have trouble
3. when he disappears tank hides too
4. Eyes find a DPS or a heal and boss appears on them and likely kills them.
5. (#4 a dps likely died) so tank repeated #1 (if a heal died, then Tank complains)

Is it so hard, really?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by DarkLogix:

The right way
1. pull
2a. Pay attention to who is getting fel flames cast on them... if ranged, don't move... if melee, move... don't wait for the flames to appear.
2b. Kite in as tight a circle as possible. melee dps need access to his back that doesn't require standing in bad stuff

3a. Healer tops tank off first, then dps
3b. Tank pops a 3min or 5 min CD before running into an eyeball

--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to clawfury
what i am tired of is Brazilians playing badly, now i have nothing against ppl from other countries at all but atleast have the fundamentals of the game down, and can someone tell me what curamea means, i think thats how this hunter spelled it, i think it means heal me or some thing, cause in SFK he kept running ahead or off to the side and pulling any mob he could find, and dying. then the mobs he couldnt kill cause hes wearing cloth gear, come a runnin for me, cause my dumb ass threw him a renew , yay i'm dead too.

and if i could speak to them i probably wouldnt mind so much and i could atleast throw thema tip or two, but i dont speak their language, makes it difficult.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
If you say you burned my map, I'll nail your tits to the table!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

said by DarkLogix:

The right way
1. pull
2a. Pay attention to who is getting fel flames cast on them... if ranged, don't move... if melee, move... don't wait for the flames to appear.
2b. Kite in as tight a circle as possible. melee dps need access to his back that doesn't require standing in bad stuff

3a. Healer tops tank off first, then dps
3b. Tank pops a 3min or 5 min CD before running into an eyeball

Ya
So long as the tank doesn't do something bad DPS don't need hardly any heals on that fight

DBM says run you run, then you don't get hit by fel flames.

If I were to have a full guild group for that run I'd make one of the pillars and that'd be the one to hide behind
then the healer can heal DPS while hiding

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
reply to cymraeg
yeah, he was calling for heals. It is frustrating playing with those cats.

Ramikor

@ultzindustries.com
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

I'm a pretty vindictive healer as well when a PUG tries to pull shit like tanking in PVP gear or high-level-raid DPS gear.

I am fine with it if the tank is in the 377 crafted vicious gear because I figure he's a brand new 85; not so much if he's in PvP or dps epics, which suggests he's just slumming tank to get a faster queue. I just dinged 85 this weekend, and I geared crafted PvP myself to bypass the troll duns and go straight to HoTs. I have the luxury of asking partial heroic geared guildies to run HoTs with me until I'm ready to run LFR; but I know there are a lot of guildless who don't have that luxury.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
said by Ramikor :

I just dinged 85 this weekend, and I geared crafted PvP myself to bypass the troll duns and go straight to HoTs.

I understand this completely. Seems there are very few people out there that know the Troll dungeons. My complaint isn't the gear so much as the performance. I don't gear check everyone before we start. If I'm looking at your gear it is because of a performance issue. If you're not over 10K, 15K on Well of Eternity, on the DPS meters then you get a gear check. If heals is having a hard time keeping a iLvl 393 tank up they get a gear check.

I'm willing to assist those that are trying, but people like the mage who die on every boss and can't find Time Warp in their spell book I don't have time for.
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

knowble

join:2012-07-30
Newport News, VA
reply to clawfury
Here is a good one. Running a regular dungeon just a few days ago on my fresh 85 mage. Never played anything other than my prot paladin, and I am still learning how to DPS (got him at 80, SoR). I took a lot of time to research best specs/rotations/etc.

Anyways, we kill the first boss, and I did 10k DPS (my ilvl is like 335 or something). This ret paladin, who is decently geared (390) did 4k DPS on the boss. I didn't give a s*** though - we killed him, right?

Not until he rolled need on a 333 caster ring. At first I was being nice by asking if he miss-clicked or something. Then he told me he would give it to me for 100g... so, I opened trade, he offered the ring up, and I hit accept - without putting the gold in. What an idiot.

Then, as he was typing "yo dude wheres my gold" he auto-ran straight into a group and died. Then he threatened everyone, asking for a rez and the 100g or he'd hack our accounts.

No one did anything. Just waited for the boot timer to run out and kicked him. I didn't cuss him out or anything... just said some really demeaning stuff in a gentlemanly way

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
FYI: for the gold to trade, you have to be on the same server. cross server can only trade loot and conjured stuff.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
kudos:1
^ i think he was trolling/being an idiot on purpose.
--
Here's the final bullet,
to put our love to death.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by JB:

^ i think he was trolling/being an idiot on purpose.

I don't know.

Per an ep of south park 1/4 of people are mentally incompetent so that fool might have just been that dumb.

knowble

Newport News, VA
Good point, haha.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by knowble:

Good point, haha.

IMO there should be a review done by GM's when a player his some high number of being kicked. And if the last 5 times were due to stupid then the account should get a 7 day ban (not eating up game time though)

Then award them a non-changeable (for 60days) title of Dumba**
so everyone would know that person was crap.

knowble

Newport News, VA
Well, that is a bit extreme, don't you think? Doesn't sound like a good plan for any parties involved : /

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
agreed

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to knowble
The point is something to deal with the people that don't have any business using a computer let alone playing a game.

Thus the reason for putting in the GM review step.
Just have Blizz GM's once a week look over the chat logs of people that got red flagged.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
I think the moment they award a Dumbass title that is awarded by GM review is the day WoW can kiss their profits goodbye...

think about it if say 9-10 million people play this game and you only want the competent players/ raiders...what does that leave about....what, 312 people?....Im guessing here.

knowble

Newport News, VA
reply to DarkLogix
There really is no way Blizzard could enforce auditing bad players. They would most likely have to hire thousands of new employees that would be tasked with auditing in-game record logs.

Plus, I rather enjoy playing with morons from time-to-time. Keeps it fresh!

Vote libertarian!