uniqs
share rss forum feed

mortondj

join:2012-08-16
Etobicoke, ON

4 edits
reply to kovy

Re: [Internet] Need help with bridging Sagemcom F@ST 2864 w/D-LI

i am not bridging the d-link, just using it as an ordinary router to dial the ppoe username/password and to do dhcp work etc. the sagecom bell connection hub is what is being (for lack of a better term), "bridged".
If you call bell support, their official line is that the bell connection hub does not bridge.

the post indicated that the equipment being used is a d-link router and i am just confirming that his d-link will work as he wants it to.

btw - i have been advised by bell that using the same username/password on both the sagecom AND the d-link concurrently will work only up to a point - the end result can be frequent disconnects as the bell server becomes confused by multiple login requests and simply shuts out the service for up to 10 or 15 minutes.
So use the correct uid/pass on the d-link and use the bell default uid/pass which comes integrated with the sagecom. (it is there only to allow a sync)

Rigor_M

join:2010-09-26
Quebec, QC

said by mortondj:

i am not bridging the d-link, just using it as an ordinary router to dial the ppoe username/password and to do dhcp work etc. the sagecom bell connection hub is what is being (for lack of a better term), "bridged".
If you call bell support, their official line is that the bell connection hub does not bridge.

the post indicated that the equipment being used is a d-link router and i am just confirming that his d-link will work as he wants it to.

btw - i have been advised by bell that using the same username/password on both the sagecom AND the d-link concurrently will work only up to a point - the end result can be frequent disconnects as the bell server becomes confused by multiple login requests and simply shuts out the service for up to 10 or 15 minutes.
So use the correct uid/pass on the d-link and use the bell default uid/pass which comes integrated with the sagecom. (it is there only to allow a sync)

must take alot of time before the system get confused because my last uptime was 23 days with the same IP on my second router. had to cut off electricity to the house to do some work on electrical panel.. would of went alot more than 23 days

I have the sagemcom with 2 TVs on ethernet + a line to a second router,both uses the same user/pass. no problems so far !

kovy

join:2009-03-26
kudos:8
reply to mortondj

said by mortondj:

Isn't putting ID and Password in the Dlink bridging?