spc
Search similar:

uniqs
caps620
join:2009-01-18
Central NJ

caps620

New installation, Arris TG852G

My daughter just got the Comcast triple play installed yesterday, they used an Arris TG852G.
I wanted to get into the configuration menu to change the access password, I entered 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.100.1 but neither worked. Does Comcast lock this out? Maybe the installer changed the IP?
I didn't think to run an ipconfig to see what the IP is , I guess that could be the next step once I get over there again.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb

Premium Member

There is a known issue with some of the Arris modems not being able to display the modem's configuration page.

I have an Arris TM402P, and started the following thread about it

»[Connectivity] Arris TM402P/110 Status Page not working

In it, NetDog See Profile is the one that informed me of this issue.

So, until the vendor fixes the problem, there is not much you can do.

--Brian
GSTEXEC1
Premium Member
join:2004-10-26
Fort Pierce, FL

GSTEXEC1 to caps620

Premium Member

to caps620
The address to the info is 10.0.0.1 for the wireless gateways from Comcast. Default logon is admin password if it was not changed. When that page comes up at the bottom is a link to the user manual.
Hope that helps.
caps620
Central NJ

caps620

Thanks to both of you for the info
ComcastTech
join:2008-05-31

ComcastTech

dont touch it. simple as that. they come pre-encrypted. at the bottom of the gateway is NETWORK NAME, which is the SSID (the wireless name) and NETWORK KEY which is a gigantic password. Usually the password starts with the sn of the gateway, then some other numbers and letters after it. If you change it then change it back. Resetting them back to factory sucks.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

N.M. Delete.
caps620
Central NJ

caps620 to ComcastTech

to ComcastTech
OK thanks, I wasn't sure if it was set to the admin, password password default.
caps620

caps620 to ComcastTech

to ComcastTech
ComcastTech,

I just read your post again, I was referring to the router set up login, I see the wireless security was setup during installation but the router login was not.
Found out by doing an ipconfig, the router IP is 10.0.0.1 as GSTEXEC1 mentioned, and the login was indeed the default, user: admin, password:password. So I changed the password, I feel better now.
I'm wondering if all the installations are set up this way, meaning wireless security is set up but not the router login??