Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

1 edit

1 recommendation

EG to JigglyWiggly

Premium Member

to JigglyWiggly

Re: New Internet plans Comcast is working on!!

said by JigglyWiggly:

Comcast's routing is mediocre compared to ATT's or Verizon's.

Sweeping statement / broad generalization ?

I don't know why they don't just make DOCSIS not all jittery.
Docsis 4.0 should do that,

Nature of the beast ?

though 300 megabits at 130$ is kind of tempting if I lived in one of those areas.
But to be honest, once you get that fast, it's not quite fast enough for the fast things you'd want to be doing.

It's only fast enough once you have gigabit symetrical so you can actually treat the pc over the internet as if it were on your LAN.

Wonder how many remote servers are out there that can actually push that speed ?

75 megabits is nowhere close to that.
I also don't see how it would be possible to due 1 gigabit upload on their current cables or w/e. But I have no idea, you could go back to 2002 and say 300megabits on copper would be impossible.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

said by EG:

It's only fast enough once you have gigabit symetrical so you can actually treat the pc over the internet as if it were on your LAN.

Wonder how many remote servers are out there that can actually push that speed ?

Its not about single connections anymore, there are so many devices on my lan and they are always pulling data. If I had more bandwidth, I would add even more (mostly media boxes)

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

said by AVD:

said by EG:

Its not about single connections anymore, there are so many devices on my lan and they are always pulling data. If I had more bandwidth, I would add even more (mostly media boxes)

Point well taken !