Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: [Cataclysm] Tired of the attitude

I have a quick mark add, and I do it when something is particularly lethal, or on the Queen Azshara boss, I mark the first two kills which helps a little for the ADD crowd.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
Exactly. Or Hand of the Queen, or the Void Sphere (or colored mob priority in general) on the second/third DS boss. It's still helpful since the average raider has a two-digit IQ.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Ramikor

@comcast.net
OK, this one got to me: I zone into a dun on my 84 holy priest, buff up, ready to go. DK pulls first set of mobs and wtf, there's aggro everywhere? One mob has fixed itself to me, but I'm healing though it. The other four mobs go down AND THE DK GOES RUNNING TO THE NEXT PACK WHILE THE FINAL MOB AT NEARLY FULL HEALTH IS STILL BANGING ON ME! The dps kill the last mob and we go running to catch up with the tank, and I notice there's no bone shield running. I say "DK, where's your bone shield?" and no response -- he just keeps pulling mobs. I inspect and HE'S IN FROST in raid level (390+) dps gear!

I say DK, why aren't you in blood? and he says "Shut up and do your job." I immediately stop heals and take the wipe (which takes about 5 seconds because he has zero mitigation) and he starts laying into me.

By now I've had enough of him, and tell the group "I'm outta here" and leave the dungeon. The DK then says "get back here or we're kicking you in 2 minutes." Yeah, like that's a threat. I tell him, you might as well kick me now because I'm not coming back, but not quite that politely.

Just venting, but yeah, sometimes they do get to you.

Funny, though, I put up with less of this kind of stuff when I'm on my healer.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
said by Ramikor :

OK, this one got to me: I zone into a dun on my 84 holy priest, buff up, ready to go. DK pulls first set of mobs and wtf, there's aggro everywhere? One mob has fixed itself to me, but I'm healing though it. The other four mobs go down AND THE DK GOES RUNNING TO THE NEXT PACK WHILE THE FINAL MOB AT NEARLY FULL HEALTH IS STILL BANGING ON ME! The dps kill the last mob and we go running to catch up with the tank, and I notice there's no bone shield running. I say "DK, where's your bone shield?" and no response -- he just keeps pulling mobs. I inspect and HE'S IN FROST in raid level (390+) dps gear!

I say DK, why aren't you in blood? and he says "Shut up and do your job." I immediately stop heals and take the wipe (which takes about 5 seconds because he has zero mitigation) and he starts laying into me.

By now I've had enough of him, and tell the group "I'm outta here" and leave the dungeon. The DK then says "get back here or we're kicking you in 2 minutes." Yeah, like that's a threat. I tell him, you might as well kick me now because I'm not coming back, but not quite that politely.

Just venting, but yeah, sometimes they do get to you.

Funny, though, I put up with less of this kind of stuff when I'm on my healer.

I feel you. I'm a pretty vindictive healer as well when a PUG tries to pull shit like tanking in PVP gear or high-level-raid DPS gear.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Ramikor

@ultzindustries.com
said by Krisnatharok:

I'm a pretty vindictive healer as well when a PUG tries to pull shit like tanking in PVP gear or high-level-raid DPS gear.

I am fine with it if the tank is in the 377 crafted vicious gear because I figure he's a brand new 85; not so much if he's in PvP or dps epics, which suggests he's just slumming tank to get a faster queue. I just dinged 85 this weekend, and I geared crafted PvP myself to bypass the troll duns and go straight to HoTs. I have the luxury of asking partial heroic geared guildies to run HoTs with me until I'm ready to run LFR; but I know there are a lot of guildless who don't have that luxury.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
said by Ramikor :

I just dinged 85 this weekend, and I geared crafted PvP myself to bypass the troll duns and go straight to HoTs.

I understand this completely. Seems there are very few people out there that know the Troll dungeons. My complaint isn't the gear so much as the performance. I don't gear check everyone before we start. If I'm looking at your gear it is because of a performance issue. If you're not over 10K, 15K on Well of Eternity, on the DPS meters then you get a gear check. If heals is having a hard time keeping a iLvl 393 tank up they get a gear check.

I'm willing to assist those that are trying, but people like the mage who die on every boss and can't find Time Warp in their spell book I don't have time for.
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

Ramikor

@ultzindustries.com
said by Kilroy:

said by Ramikor :

I just dinged 85 this weekend, and I geared crafted PvP myself to bypass the troll duns and go straight to HoTs.

I understand this completely. Seems there are very few people out there that know the Troll dungeons. My complaint isn't the gear so much as the performance. I don't gear check everyone before we start. If I'm looking at your gear it is because of a performance issue. If you're not over 10K, 15K on Well of Eternity, on the DPS meters then you get a gear check. If heals is having a hard time keeping a iLvl 393 tank up they get a gear check.

I'm willing to assist those that are trying, but people like the mage who die on every boss and can't find Time Warp in their spell book I don't have time for.

Actually, I bypass the troll duns because the gear is already obsolete. Why bother getting 353s when I can jump straight to HoTs and get 378s?

Also, I never gearcheck unless there's an obvious problem (e.g. the supposed DK tank). I'm perfectly happy to heal a bad player, especially if they're coachable. E.g. the tank listens when you tell him (after a wipe in the room of endless mobs, whatever dun that is) to pull the mob group down the tunnel so the scouts don't come in and call for reinforcements.

Actually, surviving the room of endless mobs when the tank didn't pull the target mob group somewhere safe, and the dps let the scouts get away, and holy crap we have 4 mob groups and two bruisers I'm oom blow my shadow beast I'm oom again please nobody die while I'm channeling for mana oh no I only have enough mana for one last renew desperate gift of the Naaru on the tank HOLY HOT DAMN WE'RE ALIVE! is kinda sorta fun even. Doesn't usually work out that way, and I don't go looking for it, but WOW when it does.

But I'm never happy to heal anyone who thinks the healer is my personal HP reserve fall down and worship me because I convinced some desperate pug raid to carry me through a few bosses and now I'm slumming normals because I outgear everyone by 80 or 90 ilevels so they should realize i'm so cool and badass.

That's just me.