uniqs
share rss forum feed

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: [Cataclysm] Tired of the attitude

The problem with marking is that the number of people who understand them is very low.

To them

Skull = Stay way very dangerous
X = Not this one
Square = This guy is not cool

I love when I mark and marked targets go down last. After a couple of those I start attacking single marked targets and let the idiots deal with their stupidity.
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
It may vary per server or battlegroup, but on Mal'Ganis it's always kill order (Skull, X, Square although the last one is rarely seen). Purple or green means CC target.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
reply to Kilroy
I don't dps very often... but when I do... I hate it when I sneak ahead and CC a caster... only to have the tank pull the melee adds over to the CC'd caster, while his health bar just bleeds out... /sigh.

clawfury

join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI
lol. I'm guessing that the people who do these kind of things don't post on forums...oh wait...I bet they post on the official WoW forum. Talk about some poisonous a$$holes. That forum is a pit.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

It may vary per server or battlegroup, but on Mal'Ganis it's always kill order (Skull, X, Square although the last one is rarely seen). Purple or green means CC target.

hmm... We do it a little differently
Kill order: Skull, X
CC: Circle=sap, Moon=sheep, triangle=hex, diamond=bind elemental, Squre=Icetrap
Stack on this guy: Star
--
Immergruen (resto/boomie) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Caelharrad

join:2012-04-13
Fenton, MO
said by Immer:

hmm... We do it a little differently
Kill order: Skull, X
CC: Circle=sap, Moon=sheep, triangle=hex, diamond=bind elemental
Stack on this guy: Star

This is pretty close to what I'm used to for target marking. Add in "blue square = hunter, please put a freezing trap on this guy" (blue square looks like a block of ice). Of course, there's a decent chance that I freeze the guy, then a rogue immediately jumps in to DPS him, or a mage starts casting AoE nukes... so much for "cc breaks on damage"... sigh.
The kinds of personalities you see in LFD/LFR vary greatly. I've had some pretty awesome experiences - there was one run through Blackrock Caverns where we had one DPS who didn't know any of the encounters (and was quite low on meters...), but we had an awesome tank who insisted on giving the guy a chance to learn. We did a brief rundown of the strat for each boss, then went in and gave it a try. Think we may have wiped a couple of times, but we finished the instance. As the tank said, "everyone has to be new at some point". (Yes, yes, I know. Icy Veins, Tankspot, Youtube, dungeon journal, et cetera. I use them, but not everyone does.)
I've also had some runs through LFR where I wanted to uninstall the game afterwards, then rinse my laptop in bleach afterwards to get rid of the stink.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA
I can't believe I forgot the Square=hunter. oh yeah... I usually just ask my wife, "hey hun... can you trap that one?"

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to Immer

Immerism
said by Immer:

I don't dps very often... but when I do... I hate it when I sneak ahead and CC a caster... only to have the tank pull the melee adds over to the CC'd caster, while his health bar just bleeds out... /sigh.

sorry, couldn't help myself.

edit for reference

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
Evans, GA

2 recommendations

My name is Immer... and I approve this message.