uniqs

tsduke
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

tsduke to MediacomChad

Premium Member

to MediacomChad

Re: Mediacom now charging for bandwidth?

These counters must not be very accurate. I noticed mine didn't change for the last 10-11 days the my billing cycle that just ended. Been saying same amount since the first time I looked for first time on 8/6.

Oh, and on 3rd day of new billing cycle and counter is still at ZERO.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

I'm in need of a new router. I have Ultra 50 now and with the need to monitor bandwidth, Should I look at DD-WRT or something else?
I have a Netgear WNDR 3700v.3 and the wireless on ultra 50 is complete crap. (Wired things are amazing) Advice?
(My Internet 15Mb was going to $50 so Chad set me up for a year on Ultra for not much more)

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

1 edit

SimbaSeven

I'd slap dd-wrt on it anyway. It did wonders for my bro-in-law's Belkin and improved it in many ways, including operating several laptops and 5 xboxes without a hitch.

The old stock firmware could barely handle 2 xboxes and a couple laptops.

EDIT: The WNDR3700v3 is supported by Brainslayer. »www.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/ ··· 00v3.chk
After that flash, you could go std or big.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan

Premium Member

Hmm, I can't seem to find the standard builds as it says the 3700v.3 isn't supported??

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

1 edit

SimbaSeven

I gave you the link to the latest Brainslayer build above. You can usually flash the mini build then flash it to the std or big build.

You have to visit:
Downloads
Other Downloads
others
eko
BrainSlayer-V24-preSP2
07-20-12-r19519 (the latest build)
broadcom_K26

The WNDR3700v3 should be in there as a chk file. After you're done flashing it initially, you can upgrade it to a std or big build.
GrandMstrBud
join:2005-05-25
Davenport, IA

GrandMstrBud

This is ridiculous setting a limit on cable internet. Granted 250GB is a lot but it's the point of it. Glad I'm not wasting my money on them anymore.