uniqs
share rss forum feed

cissp

join:2012-08-17
Fredericksburg, VA

1 edit

[VA] Cox in Neighborhood- Need Help Getting Service Please

Hello,
Cox is available in my neighborhood, but I'm having trouble starting new service (want Internet, cable tv and possibly phone bundle). Tried to subscribe online, but no luck. When I call, I'm told my address is not in the system (even though service is available to my neighbors). I suspect this is due to my driveway being fairly long (appx 550 ft from the road)--however, a cable box literally sits at the end of my driveway--I'd be glad to negotiate an installation fee with Cox to connect to my home-- suspect I'm not the first person in this situation! I would greatly appreciate if you would help me get connected (or put me in contact with the right person).
Thanks very much.
--

mod note: Removed personal contact info.

Please contact Cox tech via the site private message system vs. posting your info publically.

superpc

join:2012-07-12
Gloucester, VA
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

Cox definitely is weird about this, my neighbors on 2 sides of me have cable, but my address doesn't come up as available. Cox is weird about their availability. I have emailed Cox, and they're looking into it, but I'm just curious how many people this has happened to.

odog
Cable Centric Vendor Biased
Premium,VIP
join:2001-08-05
Atlanta, GA
kudos:14
reply to cissp

You likely need a plant extension to get service. I'd call back and mention that, while specifically telling them you want to get service. Be warned a custom install/extension can be somewhat expensive.