spc
uniqs
Ncguy
join:2011-07-12
Greensboro, NC

Ncguy to MyDogHsFleas

to MyDogHsFleas

Re: Ubee DDW3611 Bridge Mode??

When I say "they" I mean all of my wireless devices periodically lose their connection. The wired devices don't lose connection but they take about 3-5 seconds before they get initial internet access. That didn't happen prior to the ubee.

I'm not sure what is taking the time to connect. I'm not even sure if I have the tools to make that determination.

Yes, everything has been recycled and that doesn't help.

As far as cables go, what cables? If all of my wired devices get steady speed test once they get connected then that kind of rules out cables doesn't it? I guess it also rules out the TW piece? It wouldn't be an access point cable unless all three APs had bad cables. They are all on separate runs.

So to sum it up, the wired devices take a few seconds to initially connect to the internet but then produce reliable speed tests. The wireless devices periodically lose their connections. Sometimes its constant and other times its sporadic.

I hate to admit it but my overall access (wired/wireless) seemed more reliable and responsive before I upgraded to the 30/5. It just didn't have the raw speed. It also seems like a more to have to rule out when things don't go well.

CptGemini
Inside your computer
Premium Member
join:2004-11-29
Corpus Christi, TX

CptGemini

Premium Member

disable the wifi in the ubee and your problem just might go away or even bridge it
Ncguy
Greensboro, NC

Ncguy

The Ubee wifi has been turned off all along. Guesd bridging is next.
MyDogHsFleas
Premium Member
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX

MyDogHsFleas

Premium Member

what are you going to use for a NAT/DHCP router if you bridge the Ubee?
Ncguy
Greensboro, NC

Ncguy

Thinking about a netgear N600

mzone
@rr.com

mzone to Ncguy

Anon

to Ncguy
Hey, I've got this same issue. Just sent my own post about it. I can't figure it out. Looking at going the bridging route, as that's what I used to have before I got the Ubee from TWC, using an Apple Airport Extreme, but if I can simply fix the problem I'd rather just do that as the physical network configuration is simpler.

/mike