spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

iamwhatiam

@verizon.net

HO Ho ...help

Your mission should you decide to accept it...

what I have: the Christmas tree silhouette

what I'd like to have: the Christmas tree silhouette with a few [small] lights lazily blinking on it (on for a while, off for a moment)--randomly, not together, not serially (though this isn't very essential); obviously red & green lights but other colors are good too. Nicely spaced--one near the top, two or three around the middle, as many as four near the bottom (and all, again, nicely spaced--so I guess seven, maybe eight, would be about the max that could fit(?), though six would likely be "enough").

Christmas tree in silhouette

Thanks! (and if you have some other ideas as well, run with 'em )

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5
It might help if you mention what this is for?

iamwhatiam

@verizon.net
It'll be used in a background image on a web page (though I'm uncertain as to how the usage would make a difference [so an explanation of that would be useful information for me]).

Thanks.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ
kudos:7
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

I was going to create a realistic animated .gif for you until I read your second post.

Here's a tip for ya,

Become a contributing member before you make sarcastic remarks while asking for a handout.

--
Stop The Mindless Killings Stop Over Fishing

iamwhatiam

@verizon.net
reply to iamwhatiam
This

HO Ho ho

with lights! ...oooh...ahhh...

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5

1 recommendation

reply to iamwhatiam
Just a FYI »Avatar and Graphics Help FAQs »Can I get work done for my commercial site?, doesn't mean you won't get help however.

iamwhatiam

@verizon.net
Well, thanks, but there's nothing "commercial" about this--just something I want for my own use.

iamwhatiam

@verizon.net
reply to dolphins
1) I am a member (not signed in).
2) I wasn't being even a little sarcastic so I have no idea what you're talking about (and I'm still not being sarcastic).

(And if the mods would delete your presumptuous and erroneous post, then that would be... great.)

mod_wastrel
iamwhatiam

join:2008-03-28
kudos:1
reply to dolphins
said by dolphins:

I was going to create a realistic animated .gif for you until I read your second post.

Here's a tip for ya,

Become a contributing member before you make sarcastic remarks while asking for a handout.

Hi there! I had to dig around on an old computer I don't use much anymore, but I finally found my old password (which, I think, needed changing anyway--hacked or not?); so here I am... logged in and everything .

Here's a tip for you: learn how to read--and comprehend--English. There was no sarcasm in my post. Try reading it as it was written--simple, factual, and to the point--instead of looking for something that isn't there. I meant exactly what I said. (And, thanks--really, I wouldn't want you to go to any more effort on my part than you already have. You obviously could use the rest, though I'm sure you could do a really fine job.**)

I used to come here frequently--this forum especially. There always seemed to be a good bunch of people eager to play with stuff. And while I've worked with images of all kinds for 20 years or more, I've never developed any interest in working with animated stuff. As far as I know--or care--an animated GIF is an animated GIF is an animated GIF. (Do you even know the *correct* pronunciation of 'GIF'? I do, having spent some years on Compuserve; still, I hear that *wrong* pronunciation all the time... even from otherwise smart people.)

Well, maybe like the other forums here, this forum has gone downhill, too, over the years? Is your behavior the norm here nowadays?

(**Uhhh, yeah, that was sarcasm. See the difference? )

mod_wastrel
iamwhatiam

reply to iamwhatiam
said by iamwhatiam :

1) I am a member (not signed in).
2) I wasn't being even a little sarcastic so I have no idea what you're talking about (and I'm still not being sarcastic).

(And if the mods would delete your presumptuous and erroneous post, then that would be... great.)

Wow, took, like, a couple hours for this post to make it past review... thought it wasn't going to. Meh.

Chuck22
Premium
join:2003-11-10
Salt Lake City, UT
kudos:6

1 recommendation

reply to mod_wastrel
Your attitude may well cause many of us here to refrain from helping you.
--
amicitia sine fraude

mod_wastrel
iamwhatiam

If you're bothered by the truth, then refrain away. I'm bothered by people accusing me of being something I'm not being. I'm not bothered by people who willfully see things that aren't there simply going away and doing something else, somewhere else. All I did was ask for assistance and state a simple fact (that I have no specific knowledge concerning animated GIFs). My "attitude" is simply one of correcting someone else's false statement (and illustrating actual sarcasm in the process).

So, please feel very free to refrain from coming back to this topic. I really don't want any help from abusive, contentious people.

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium
join:2005-01-16
WA, USA
kudos:4

2 recommendations

reply to iamwhatiam
Well, I remember ya Mod. Good to see ya again.

Your snark notwithstanding, I'll try to make an ani of that when I'm more sober.

You really don't want me openng CS5 about now...lol..terrible regretsy-style things would happen.

ProTip: we're aLL friends here, no need to snark eeach other. A/G has a well-earned phobia for commericial works, as many peeps want sh1t for free and ask us to do their work for em for commercial sites...so perhaps we assume too much sometmes.

We stil good peeps tho.

Skol,

CaFF
--

My 9/11 Tribute..online since 9/14/01
Need an Avatar? Check out Wafen's Avatar Pages

iamwhatiam

@verizon.net
said by caffeinator:

We stil good peeps tho.

Thanks, never actually doubted it (well, except for one--maybe two?--of the folks above). Sure, I haven't been around much lately, but I haven't forgotten the members I like and whose work I respect (which is why I'm here). So, lookin' forward to it--and no hurry... Christmas is a ways off still.

mod_wastrel
iamwhatiam

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to caffeinator
Well, oddly enough (or not) I was feeling "motivated":

wipitgood

GIMP, however, doesn't really have much support for animation in the base package, so this is about the best I can do with it. (The GAP is somewhat "flaky" I hear since it hasn't been updated for 2.8, so I won't even be trying that.) It's OK, I guess--not all that close to what I want, but it's something (which doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to seeing what can be done by someone such as yourself who actually knows what he's doing).

mod_wastrel
iamwhatiam

reply to iamwhatiam
And, BTW, if anyone--anyone at all--can explain to me how using the image in a web page versus not using it in a web page differs in some meaningful way that affects its creation, then I'd still find that useful information.

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:20
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

2 recommendations

reply to iamwhatiam
Just messin' around

caffeinator
Coming soon to a cup near you..
Premium
join:2005-01-16
WA, USA
kudos:4

1 recommendation

said by CCat:

Just messin' around

Ah, nice one CC! It's about what I was gonna do, so saved me the effort.