how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

gbirk7

join:2010-07-31
Franklinton, NC

[E-mail] Comcast Business HSI with email

I have switched my email to the Comcast business webmail. however, I can not seem to set up a forward record for sending an email to multiple accounts like I used to. Example, acct@mysite.com i had forwarded to multiple people in accounting. I have only figured out how to forward the mail sent to acct@mysite.com to one other email. acct@mysite is an alias, I can do this on my local outlook by setting up an actual email account and then setting up a distribution list and a rule, but in order for it to work, I have to have my local outlook logged in at all times and let my outlook basically send the mail back out. There has got to be a way to automatically forward an email through comcast business webemail. any help with getting this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have other customer I want to switch to comcast, but I know this is something they will have to do also. thanks,

NetFixer
Freedom is NOT Free
Premium
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Reviews:
·Cingular Wireless
·Comcast Business..
·Vonage

3 edits

I con't know of a way to do it from the Comcast Outlook web mail. You will probably need to log in to the Comcast Business Portal at »businessclass.comcast.net/ and select Manage Distribution Lists from the Email section on the right side of the page.

Once there, you should be able to create whatever distribution lists you require.

Here ia a screen shot of the page for creating distribution lists:

And FYI, you don't have to use the Comcast Outlook webmail unless that is your preference. You can use POP3, IMAP, SMTP from standalone email clients if you wish:

Don't use the servers you see in the screen shot above; log into your account and use the settings that are specific for your account and location (the email servers are different for different locations).
--
We can never have enough of nature.
We need to witness our own limits transgressed, and some life pasturing freely where we never wander.