All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl to fs483

to fs483

Re: Are panel Interlocks permitted in Quebec

call an electrician, there are a few in your area that i know of who specialize in generator installs, so if the chance an interlock could sell a genny they would have them, so call and ask if they have em.

as for transfer switches, the depot has a good selection, mostly square D and siemons now. They have recently stopped selling federal pioneer stab lok panels so they are a little pricier than they once were.
fs483
join:2012-08-16
Saint-Laurent, QC

fs483

I asked an electrician that was doing work at a customer business site and he had never heard of such a thing. He does install generator transfer panels from time to time. He mostly does commercial work.

whizkid3
MVM
join:2002-02-21
Queens, NY

whizkid3

MVM

said by fs483:

I asked an electrician that was doing work at a customer business site and he had never heard of such a thing. He does install generator transfer panels from time to time. He mostly does commercial work.

Are you sure he's a real electrician? If he is; he is not very experienced or knowledgeable.
fs483
join:2012-08-16
Saint-Laurent, QC

fs483

said by whizkid3:

said by fs483:

Are you sure he's a real electrician? If he is; he is not very experienced or knowledgeable.

Well on an unrelated case, I had an RBQ electrical inspector (Quebec Building Inspector) do an checkup on work done by a master electrician in one our buildings and I asked if those interlock kits were legal or not. He asked me to send him the link and will have a look at it tomorrow when he's back in the office. He will be the definate person able to give me the yea or nay.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by fs483:

He asked me to send him the link and will have a look at it tomorrow when he's back in the office.

Then he'll bill you