spc
Search similar:

uniqs

michaeljc70
@sbcglobal.net

michaeljc70

Anon

[Modem] Bridged mode for Motorola 2210

I have AT&T Uverse high speed and need to set my modem to bridged mode (it is screwing up my VOIP).

I searched, and it says to go into the settings and change it. My modem does not have that option ('PPP Location'). Apparently AT&T locked it down. I asked them and they want me to call their pay tech support line! Ridiculous.

I assume there is some kind of hidden interface. Does anyone know how to do this?

wayjac
MVM
join:2001-12-22
Indy

wayjac

MVM

If the part number of the 2210 is 2210-02-1att it is a uverse modem and none of the uverse modems have a "bridge mode"
The modem has a option to share it's public ip address with the connected device this option is on the connection configuration page

michaeljc70
@sbcglobal.net

michaeljc70

Anon

I saw that option.

That is the model.

My voip company is saying I am having problems because the modem is acting as a router (with firewall) in additional to my wireless router. I am skeptical as it worked fine for a year and my setup hasn't changed.

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis

Mod

said by michaeljc70 :

I am skeptical as it worked fine for a year and my setup hasn't changed.

That does sound suspicious honestly. What problem are you having with your VoIP suddenly that's causing this troubleshooting?

michaeljc70
@sbcglobal.net

michaeljc70

Anon

People can't hear me at all on maybe 30% of calls.

I think it is their infrastructure personally, but they are blaming my setup which hasn't changed.

Dennis
Mod
join:2001-01-26
Algonquin, IL

Dennis

Mod

o_0

that is very weird. Only thing I could even think of would be if they use a round robin setup of SIP servers and maybe on of them is listed in an inbound ACL/ip filter block. I can take a look if you can get the IP of the server your using during failure.

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg to michaeljc70

Premium Member

to michaeljc70
I have that modem and Uverse 12/1. I have it set to "share the public IP" with my router. I use VoIP galore -- many, many different providers -- and run my own Asterisk PBX. Not a problem at all.

So, no you don't =have= to use "Bridge Mode" to make VoIP work with that modem.

michaeljc70
@sbcglobal.net

michaeljc70

Anon

What does "share the public IP" do exactly?

I tried that, but the Internet IP on my router looked the same (internal IP, not real IP).

brg
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
Chicago, IL

brg

Premium Member

said by michaeljc70 :

What does "share the public IP" do exactly?

I tried that, but the Internet IP on my router looked the same (internal IP, not real IP).

Did you reboot? Are you sure you have things set up correctly?

When I select "Yes, use public IP address" next to "Let LAN device share Internet address?", my router info looks like this:

IP Address :108.88.XXX.XXX ( same as the IP assigned to my modem
Subnet Mask :255.255.252.0
Default Gateway :108.88.XXX.X
Primary DNS Server :68.94.156.1
Secondary DNS Server :8.8.8.8

michaeljc70
@sbcglobal.net

michaeljc70

Anon

You were right...I think I forgot to reboot. I tried again and it shows the internet IP as the external IP which is what I was looking for.