Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

svgtom

join:2012-08-04
New York, NY
reply to Jmartz

Re: WPIX is Gone

And of course, if you go the the AntennaTV website, they blame Cablevision.

»www.keepantennatv.com/keepantenn ··· tennatv/

captnhook

join:2001-02-20
NY
said by svgtom:

And of course, if you go the the AntennaTV website, they blame Cablevision.

»www.keepantennatv.com/keepantenn ··· tennatv/

From same website:
"Cablevision took this action despite our unconditional offer to extend the current retransmission agreement with no change in its terms while negotiations continued.

To be clear, Cablevision pulled AntennaTV off the air in the middle of the night, without notice and while our current agreement was still in place. Rather than continuing to negotiate, Cablevision pulled AntennaTV off the air, trying to mislead loyal AntennaTV viewers and intimidate AntennaTV."

Sounds about right

mbernste
Boosted
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ
said by captnhook:

Cablevision took this action despite our unconditional offer to extend the current retransmission agreement with no change in its terms while negotiations continued.

What you neglected to mention was that it was only until August 24th as per their letter to Cablevision. Cablevision called their bluff and pulled it rather than be held hostage. I'm on Cablevision's side on this one.

captnhook

join:2001-02-20
NY
said by mbernste:

said by captnhook:

Cablevision took this action despite our unconditional offer to extend the current retransmission agreement with no change in its terms while negotiations continued.

What you neglected to mention was that it was only until August 24th as per their letter to Cablevision. Cablevision called their bluff and pulled it rather than be held hostage. I'm on Cablevision's side on this one.

Hadn't seen that letter until now but we still could have had another week of Antenna TV before it got pulled or maybe even had a further extension while they negotiated.
I agree with Jaa you'd think an agreement on retransmission could be worked out where their signal is carried at no cost but is broadcast in it's entirety.
Believe me neither Tribune nor Cablevision are on my friends list.