how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tippy2

join:2010-10-16
Richmond, VA

Motorola Surfboard SB6121 Cable Modem good for Verizon Fios

I was given a Motorola Surfboard SB6121 cable modem to use with my verizon Fios. I want to know if this modem will work with verizon fios? If not, any suggestions?
thanks in advance.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:31

1 recommendation

Nope.

You can't use a cable modem with FIOS. Not compatible.

You get a wireless router included with FIOS. I don't know why you would want to use a cable modem.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

tippy2

Richmond, VA

I'm not knowledgeable about Fios and trying to learn as much as I can. Can you purchase your own equipment without getting the Actiontec? I'm now a comcast customer and have a NETgear Wndr3700 router. Thanks in advance.

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL

said by tippy2:

I'm not knowledgeable about Fios and trying to learn as much as I can. Can you purchase your own equipment without getting the Actiontec? I'm now a comcast customer and have a NETgear Wndr3700 router. Thanks in advance.

Maybe or maybe not. For more info, I point you to »Verizon Online FiOS FAQ »Do I have to use the supplied router with Verizon FiOS?
--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.

tippy2

Richmond, VA

ok. thanks. I will read the verizon online FIOS FAq.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
reply to tippy2

tippy, you might want to post in our FiOS forum with your FiOS questions. They are very knowledgeable and helpful in there.

»Verizon FiOS