spc
Search similar:

uniqs
axar7
join:2012-08-17

axar7

[Extreme] spiking internet?

»img651.imageshack.us/img ··· test.png

same with browsing.. it doesn't load until i press refresh 5 times. eventually it loads. any ideas? wire problems perhaps?
was working fine before.

thanks!
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by axar7:

»img651.imageshack.us/img ··· test.png

same with browsing.. it doesn't load until i press refresh 5 times. eventually it loads. any ideas? wire problems perhaps?
was working fine before.

thanks!

Reboot the modem, also post your signal levels.
trog
join:2001-03-25
Scarborough, ON

trog to axar7

to axar7
I was seeing a similar problem the other day along with MASSIVE degradation of speeds.

Got in touch with Rogers support and after the usual... disconnect of Router / connect PC to modem (DPC3825) with no change they saw a high packet loss occurring within the DPC3825.

Reflash of it seemed to resolve the issue.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

said by trog:

Reflash of it seemed to resolve the issue.

Yea, I don't know if you own this modem or not but this indicates a far larger problem with ISPs. They should not, under any circumstances, be permitted to flash/update privately owned modems. The manufacturer or Rogers should provide a download site (like ASUS with it's motherboards) where the owner of said modem can download and flash the latest updates himself. Firmware flashing is serious business and Rogers has no business altering privately owned equipment. Also, after some research, it seems these updates are barely tested as faulty firmware updates are becoming more commonplace resulting in the ISP needing to roll back the update to an earlier version.
trog
join:2001-03-25
Scarborough, ON

trog

This was a reflash performed by Rogers.
axar7
join:2012-08-17

axar7

resolved by reset.