reply to metalunna

Re: Center Channel Static/Popping on Some Channels

If you both happen to have the same Onkyo, you might try a firmware update:

»www.intl.onkyo.com/support/firmw···609.html

metalunna

join:2003-06-16
Clifton, NJ
kudos:1

Thanks for that. I've been on the latest FW for a while. However, the noise happens when I hook up my old Sony as well. I was hoping the previous poster may be able to duplicate the issue if we have similar hardware.

On a side note, the last 2 FW's from onkyo introduced random clicking noises fom the reciever itself, as if I was cycling listening modes. I contacted Onkyo and they said it was a design to help protect the device and no repairs were needed. I don't buy it, but I have it in writing. Just passing info in case anyone reads through this post.

kes601

join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA
kudos:2

I actually have two Onkyo receivers, I don't notice the popping noise from the center channel, however one of them does have the random clicking noises coming from the receiver.

brutus

join:2003-12-16
Tampa, FL
reply to metalunna

I was curious if this is the same audio glitches other people are hearing? These are what I get on CBS for the last month or so. This is from tonight's Big Bang Theory.

vimeo.com/55583171

password is FiOS

metalunna

join:2003-06-16
Clifton, NJ
kudos:1

The noise I get is more of a constant static/crackle noise. Like a radio with poor reception. Or wireless headphones.

It sounds so much like a broken speaker, that I swapped it out for another one..no luck.

The noise comes from the center channel mostly during high action scenes..not so much during dialogue.