Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Joker
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-24
Oceanside, CA

TWC on PC?

When watching TWC on PC you can only cable shows, no CBC, NBC, AbC, and etc. There is a fav botton but when clilck on prime time stations they don't work. Is this normal or do you have to pay extra for this or I am doing something wrong?
--
Blind as a Bat

SoonerAl
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-23
South Padre Island, TX
kudos:5
said by Joker:

When watching TWC on PC you can only cable shows, no CBC, NBC, AbC, and etc. There is a fav botton but when clilck on prime time stations they don't work. Is this normal or do you have to pay extra for this or I am doing something wrong?

You might ask this on the TW forum...

»Time Warner Cable TV/Voice
--
"When all else fails read the instructions..."
MS-MVP Windows Expert - Consumer

Suit Up

join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA
reply to Joker
The problem with carrying local channels on TWC TV, is that they have to get agreements with all the individual stations to carry them, not just the network like with the cable channels. So to get NBC for people in the San Diego area, they'd need an agreement with KNSD. But to get NBC for people in the Los Angeles area, they'd need an agreement with KNBC. And so on with all the other channels and cities in the US.

So, I'm not sure what their plan is with the local channels, but they could either be hesitant to spend all that effort to get agreements with all of the local stations across the country, or they're waiting until they get a significant amount of agreements before turning it on, or they do have some locals turned on some places, just not any in SoCal yet.