uniqs
share rss forum feed

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
join:2001-10-27
Willoughby, OH

[ML] Notes

Anyone else having problems with notes and 3rd party imap email?
I upgrade to 10.8 and notes are not showing up that I have between my iPad and iPhone. Any new notes made on 10.8 are not being synced to my other devices.
--
Money can't buy you happiness ... But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC

Post a screenshot - someone showed me a similar problem and they had the Notes app set to show "On My Mac" instead of iCloud notes.

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
Willoughby, OH

1 edit

I'll post a screenshot when I get home. I just found a 7 page discussion over at Apple forums about this issue. Looks like I'm not alone.

»discussions.apple.com/thread/413···tstart=0

--
Money can't buy you happiness ... But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
Willoughby, OH
reply to Count Zero

downloadUntitled.tiff 380,212 bytes  
Click for full size
as you can see the note is under my email account named "Home". None of my notes from my iPad and iPhone are showing up. The new note shown is not on any of my iDevices either.
--

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC

Tried re-registering your computer with iCloud? This email is an iCloud email right?

kitsune

join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA
reply to vukodlak75

Who is the email provider? Alot of it depends on how they handle it.

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
Willoughby, OH
reply to Count Zero

No, it is not an iCloud email. I have my own domain which is hosted by Lunarpages. I'll check there forums and see what I come up with.
--

vukodlak75
Nisam Ti Dude
Premium,MVM
Willoughby, OH
reply to vukodlak75

Looks like this is a problem with most (if not all) 3rd party IMAP's that need a "INBOX" prefix.