uniqs
share rss forum feed

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

Dead Space 3: There is a weapon building contest.

»www.deadspace.com/

The Return of Issac Clarke.

»www.deadspace.com/weapons

Looks like they want to get word out early that a Dead Space 3 release is coming. The release date if in February of 2013. But currently, to get the fans all excited, they have a contest. Design a weapon, and it may appear in Dead Space 3.

It's a good news thing, but also a bad news thing. I keep forgetting Dead Space is published by EA... *shudders*. So you know DLC will be available to purchase.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

GennX

join:2012-08-18
Parsonsfield, ME

Love the Dead Space games. I saw the third one previewed in Game Informer. Should be interesting. But er, why is DLC a bad thing? *scratches head* Or your complaint is that you'd have to pay for it?

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

To me, it seems that the game is shipped incomplete, if they have DLC offered the first few months after a game is released.

GennX

join:2012-08-18
Parsonsfield, ME
reply to Snakeoil

I guess I don't see it that way. For me, in today's market, I think most gamers finish a game in a few days, maybe a week and move on. A few months seems like an eternity. If a publisher waits say, 8 months to a year to release DLC... I seriously think the majority of your players won't care.

Maybe I just have a short attention span But it would seriously have to be a special game for me download and care about some add on mission 8 months after I've beaten a game.

crawlernight

join:2012-08-14
reply to Snakeoil

I really like the Dead Space game. I remember playing the old version three years back. It was unbelievable. The graphics and gripping story line really kept me hooked on the game. The review and the demo video of the latest one shows that the gaming console has really improvised. The story has been made more interesting and the gaming environment is awesome. You just fill the excitement rushing down your spine. So pump up your adrenaline, and enjoy the game.