share rss forum feed

jmn1207
Premium
join:2000-07-19
Ashburn, VA
kudos:1
reply to michieru

Re: When will they learn...

You should do some more research on LastPass and how it works. There is a single login that is encrypted and your account can be locked only to specific devices that you use. It manages over 50 logins, each completely different and even I couldn't tell you what any of them are off the top of my head.

Changes have been made since the suspected activity that may have resulted in a breach back in 2011.

All of your passwords are stored online at the site where you use it. Hopefully they are all encrypted. After Sony had their Playstation accounts hacked, I decided to use a service that would make it simple to generate very secure passwords that were all unique to each individual site I accessed, while making it an effortless process to log in.

battleop

join:2005-09-28

Nothing is completely secure as long as humans are part of the design, implementation, and maintenance.
--
I do not, have not, and will not work for AT&T/Comcast/Verizon/Charter or similar sized company.

jmn1207
Premium
Ashburn, VA

True, but I had a list of user names and passwords that I kept before, locally. When Sony was hacked and my account was potentially compromised, the email and password combination used at Sony was also being used at 8 other sites, including Paypal.

Rather than try and manage over 60 different very secure, unique passwords for each site I accessed, I decided to try a password locker, and LastPass made the cut after reviewing a few.

The biggest factor for me with LastPass is the convenience it offers. I'm not protecting Fort Knox here, and any compromise would be an annoyance, but it would not be a life changing disaster for me. I'll never tell anyone what they should use, I'll only say what works for me.

michieru
Premium
join:2009-07-25
Miami, FL
reply to jmn1207

I am just going to stick to Keepass.

jmn1207
Premium
Ashburn, VA

I tried that, but it didn't work for me nearly as well as LastPass. I love the online, cross-platform ease of use.

Even Steve Gibson gives LastPass his endorsement.

»blog.lastpass.com/2010/07/lastpa···ity.html

I'm sticking with what I feel is the far superior solution for me.