how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Craiger

join:2012-07-05
Chesterfield, MO
reply to 88615298

Re: Is Charter's Four Room $20.00 DVR Ad Deceptive?

I have Directv I was just curious about Charter's DVR Ad. I like to keep up with what TV Service Providers are up to with their technology. Directv doesn't charge a $20 DVR Service its only $6 per month for both regular and HD DVR. DirecTV does charge a $10 HD Fee. Charter should maybe do something similar but keep their $5 per box fee.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

said by Craiger:

Directv doesn't charge a $20 DVR Service

yes they do. I went though the whole ordering process. When you get to check out there is CLEARLY a $20 DVR service fee.

BlakePaulson

join:2008-08-06
Alexandria, MN
Reviews:
·T-Mobile US
·Charter

said by 88615298:

said by Craiger:

yes they do. I went though the whole ordering process. When you get to check out there is CLEARLY a $20 DVR service fee.

You're wrong. I have directv. I wouldn't use charters tv service or dvr's if you paid me to have them. Horrible on screen guides (what is this, 1995?) and small hard drives.

Premium
West Tenness

said by BlakePaulson:

said by 88615298:

said by Craiger:

You're wrong. I have directv. I wouldn't use charters tv service or dvr's if you paid me to have them. Horrible on screen guides (what is this, 1995?) and small hard drives.

I am NOT wrong. here you go from the checkout

Fees
Advanced Receiver Service $20.00

from directv website

What is Advanced Receiver Service?
Advanced Receiver Service gives customers with an HD DVR receiver access to all of the cutting-edge features available from DIRECTV, including:

Whole-Home DVR: The ability to record and watch shows in any room, with one HD DVR. (HD receiver required for each additional TV.)
Access to HD programming
Over 7,000 shows and movies On Demand, at no extra charge
Live TV on your iPad®
The new HD On-Screen Guide
Pandora Internet radio and YouTube on your TV
Facebook and Twitter connection to share your favorite shows
Advanced Receiver Service costs $20/month and is required for new customers who get the HD DVR, Home Media Center HD DVR, or the TiVo HD DVR. There's only one monthly service fee no matter how many receivers you have on your account. New customers who enroll in Auto Bill Pay may be eligible for a $10 monthly credit on Advanced Receiver Service for the first 24 months of their DIRECTV service.

Please note: The TiVo HD DVR does not offer Whole-Home DVR functionality.

Also I may add that they charge $99 for the 2nd DVR and $199 each for the 3rd and 4th DVRs. That's $497 if you had 4 DVRs.

Craiger

join:2012-07-05
Chesterfield, MO

I guess Directv's $20 Advanced Receiver Fee is not shown on the bill as a separate charge its included with monthly fee. I don't think I have ever seen that fee on the bill.

The one advantage to buying DTV's receivers and DVR's if you buy them online and not through DTV is that you can get the latest ones. With Charter you might not get the latest HD DVR or Receiver.

Premium
West Tenness

said by Craiger:

I guess Directv's $20 Advanced Receiver Fee is not shown on the bill as a separate charge its included with monthly fee. I don't think I have ever seen that fee on the bill.

The website states it's for new customers so maybe you don't get charged being a long time customer. The fact is it would apply to someone like me if I ever went the DirecTv route. So the fee is the same for both but Charter's boxes are cheaper.