Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Andy from CA
Premium
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA

[CA] VOD & VOD via iPhone, computer

I was told by a Mediacom door to door salesrep that next month you'd be offering VOD via the internet for iPhones & laptops.

And that Mediacom offered every network program from the big 4 (ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX) plus other networks including Cartoon Network on VOD which I'm assuming will be streamed to the aforementioned iphones and laptops.

Is this true? He said he was coming back with a channel lineup card and to talk more. I just want to know if I'm be paranoid or if he's writing checks Mediacom can't cash.

BTW I currently have Verizon FiOS and not all network shows are available.

Andy from CA
Premium
Anaheim, CA
Just got off the phone with a CSR and she said

1) VOD was UNAVAILABLE in my area

2) Not all shows are available (where VOD is available). For example Big Brother is not available VOD in one of her customer's areas.

I checked and BB is VOD on FiOS. (not rubbing it in just point of fact).

Streatorguy

@mchsi.com
CBS doesn't do VOD. As for streaming to internet based sources that is semi incorrect. Mediacom has HBO and Cinemax GO, and the Turner Networks available for net based streaming and thats it.

implode

join:2009-09-06
Columbia, MO
reply to Andy from CA
I wanted to add something to this and its important to consider...Mediacom has two types of video on demand.

1) Digital Box on demand content.
a) Free Pass = a limited amount of shows from networks you subscribe to for free.
b) PPV = you pay for the content such as new releases and sporting events.

2) Online content = you download streaming content from your internet connection.
an example is: ESPN3 where it recognizes you as mediacom internet subscriber and allows access.

To me it sounds like the sales rep is kind of confusing the two, or being a little misleading.

Andy from CA
Premium
Anaheim, CA
reply to Streatorguy
said by Streatorguy :

CBS doesn't do VOD. As for streaming to internet based sources that is semi incorrect. Mediacom has HBO and Cinemax GO, and the Turner Networks available for net based streaming and thats it.

I have Verizon FiOS and watch CBS shows on demand (Big Bang Theory and Two & a Half Men mostly). They're one of the few networks without commercials in the VOD. I'm glad they do because I got used to CBS VOD at a friends house (she had Comcast).