Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to Count Zero

Re: [iPad] iPad dented....?

said by Count Zero:

Man, I bet if that was a plastic case it would have cracked.

Perhaps,....

We still don’t know how this happened.

Plastic could crack, shatter or flex enough to buckle and retake its original shape without conspicuous damage. It all depends on how it was done.

EdmundGerber

join:2010-01-04
reply to howardfine

said by howardfine:

I've had two iPad 1s since the day they came out. I abuse mine more than anyone else. It rides in my car and my duffel bag when I travel. I never wanted a case but it is in one and that's somewhat scuffed up. Both iPads have no scratches, no dents, no nicks, no nothin'.

He's talking about an iPad 3.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

So what is the difference?

pcdebb
RIP lil hurricane
Premium
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to MEDIAN2k3

interesting images. I took a good look at mine and dont show anything like it. while mine is in a case that I consider sturdy since I do take it thru some motions during the day and the corners are "exposed". I'm wondering of certain lots of them have some cheap aluminum or something?
--
| map your city |

MEDIAN2k3
Your Ad Here
Premium
join:2002-12-04
Bronx, NY
reply to MEDIAN2k3

Yeah I don't get it either.

EdmundGerber

join:2010-01-04
reply to Metatron2008

said by Metatron2008:

So what is the difference?

said by Octavean:

I owned a first gen iPad and now have the new iPad. I personally feel like the first gen was built like a tank. That’s not to say that I feel like the new iPad is poorly construct just that it doesn’t quite seem like the same heavy metal design. For what its worth I never put a scratch on either of them.

Just a few posts above yours. It sometimes helps to read the thread once or twice for new replies...

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC
reply to Octavean

I'm just guessing based on the force I know it took to dent my iPad 1 like that.