uniqs
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Re: iPhone & Android tablet users get Bright House TV App Joy!

No news on Jellybean yet. I'll update you as I know more... promise

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy

said by BHNtechXpert:

Any Update on the Google Nexus 7 Tablet ?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by bigdaddy:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Any Update on the Google Nexus 7 Tablet ?

No

zip1212
@rr.com

zip1212

Anon

BHN Customer in Tampa, FL. writes ...

please please PLEASE Brighthouse make your TV App work for the Nexus 7 !!!! after listening all year to the commercials you guys run how you can watch TV on your tablet ( with BHN Login ) i finally bought one ! it would not run on the other tablet i tried either ... ( because it was 'rooted' ) i do not understand WHY you cannot run on a rooted device at all because i will still be using my BHN login ... and anyone with any sense about them ( or style atleast ) is going to be running their tablet rooted.!

AMejia1976
join:2000-07-29
Kissimmee, FL

AMejia1976

said by zip1212 :

... and anyone with any sense about them ( or style atleast ) is going to be running their tablet rooted.!

Zip...

While this may be true for many of the members here; rooting is not something many average people/users do. Lets not forget that ROOTING voids most manufacturer warranties and those who root KNOW this and are willing to take the chance.

Further; the limitation is not placed by BHN; but by content owners as certain DRM parameters/requirements were not really met until later versions of Android were introduced.

As has been said in many of the threads here; just because you do; do not expect others to do the same.

@l3x
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by AMejia1976:

said by zip1212 :

... and anyone with any sense about them ( or style atleast ) is going to be running their tablet rooted.!

Zip...

While this may be true for many of the members here; rooting is not something many average people/users do. Lets not forget that ROOTING voids most manufacturer warranties and those who root KNOW this and are willing to take the chance.

Further; the limitation is not placed by BHN; but by content owners as certain DRM parameters/requirements were not really met until later versions of Android were introduced.

As has been said in many of the threads here; just because you do; do not expect others to do the same.

@l3x

I am not a fan of rooting unless you have superior technical skills and can afford to toss the device away should things go horribly wrong and it does happen. I get the premise behind doing it but....and it's a big but...do so at your own peril.

zip1212
@rr.com

zip1212 to AMejia1976

Anon

to AMejia1976
ahhh well i did not want to get too deep into the politics of it but...

truth is YES i want to use MY own network with the device. ( requires root )

truth is YES i would like to be able to see my own systems files ( similar to hide system files (( options.. )) in view files in windows. again requires root )

truth is YES i want to be able to plug a usb keyboard, usb mouse, usb stick, or usb HDD into my device ! ( since it is limited to no media port again root is required.. )

did i legally buy the device YES. is rooted ? of course.

do i pay a bill already for the service and just want what they advertise as working all year ? ...

ok the limitation is not placed by BHN fine but one would tend to think BHN is no different then any other cable provider such as TW ( time warner which swapped territories with BHN here in s.fl some years ago ) whom has sensibly dropped the denial of service to rooted devices in their latest app.

do i have the latest version of android yes i am running jelly bean v4.1.2 so the DRM parameters/reqs are met according to your own statement

did i get it to work with my device YES ( even tho its listed as device not supported when you go to install the BHN app ) so i know its fully capable and possible just as the users/customers over at TW do with out having to beg. )

anyways just saying and i am not trying to fight, argue, or ridicule anyone. just to get the service to work for me as it does for others.

PS - do i want to root my device ? no not really .. am i forced to ? apparently if i want to use it for anything other then a door stop.
Nayan3
join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL

1 recommendation

Nayan3

Well see, ya rooted your device and that's the issue. I have a non-rooted tablet that runs the app perfectly and I have no complaints .

zip1212
@rr.com

zip1212

Anon

just to clarify ... my unit works. i did speak a little too soon on the other stuff tho its actually only necessary to root if want to connect to mass storage. which is nice i suppose but ill stick take the functionality anyday.