uniqs

sfogliatelle
We Is Whut We Am
Premium Member
join:2002-05-29
Baton Rouge, LA

sfogliatelle

Premium Member

[Help] how to remove a Google address shadow?

eliminate terrorists as well as drop shadows!
A similar map had been saved of my girlfriend's house which she'll be sending with some mailed invitations. After a test print she asked whether it would be possible to have the 3-D-like drop shadow from the address rectangle masked (my phrase, not hers) or otherwise removed or obscured.

Photoshop Elements 9 is installed on my laptop, and I suspect this process will involve (shudder)----layers.

Given the above facts, what would you suggest as the most efficient, or better yet, down-and-dirty technique to do this with?

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Numquam oblitus
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ

1 recommendation

tmpchaos

Numquam oblitus

If possible, you'd want to select the shadow, copy it to another layer, then match the background color by replace color on that layer. You might not even need a second layer.

sfogliatelle
We Is Whut We Am
Premium Member
join:2002-05-29
Baton Rouge, LA

sfogliatelle

Premium Member

I tried it first with the dodging brush. Lotsa work, that, with dubious results. Looked more like a bank of fog on that portion of the map.

Don't see how to avoid layers with this task. Thanks, tmpchaos See Profile

jjoshua
Premium Member
join:2001-06-01
Scotch Plains, NJ

jjoshua to sfogliatelle

Premium Member

to sfogliatelle
Install a browser add-in that will let you inspect the DOM. You are looking for an image called iws3.png.

When you find all of the img elements, set the src tag to blank. Your shadow will be gone for as long as you stay on the page.