Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

TxRoadDawg
We're Gonna Ride Forever

join:2001-08-17
Warner Robins, GA

[GA] Mid Ga service fiasco

Recently moved to within a minute drive of the main building here and tried to have service reconnected. Lets detail this fiasco...

August 3rd, drive to Presidential Pkwy location. Store full of young children that didn't belong to customers. Cox can't locate my address despite cable service being on from previous tenant. No biggie service is still on

By Aug 10 Cox finds address in database. Pick up the dvr and splitters for a quicky self install. Customer rep doesn't comprehend TWO 2 way splitters.One splitter for the modem, one to split the other leg to 2 tvs. 130$ a month but eh the splitter only cost a few bucks, so begins the adventure.

First rep reactivated the OLD address, cable modem synchs but no service grrr, dvr pulls bad cable lineup. 20 minute hold to tech support, tech fixes the address fubar, reactivates dvr and service works. By Wednesday cable modem is up and down like a yoyo losing synch. Strip everything modem will still not synch directly connected to the main line in. Basic cable still functions.

Micor tech visits Thursday 3:45 on a 1-3pm window, bad splitter outside replaced. Modem synchs all is good. Thursday night modem doa, ALL on demand down, freezone and ppv, on dvr now. 20 minute+ hold at 2 AM tech reschedules new service call.

Micor tech visits friday, I mention bad drop since the trouble was intermittent. Tech asked did first guys check line under house, no. Tech pulls cable back about 15-20 foot, no problem. Declares new splitter was bad, modem synchs. Declares dvr box fubared, replaced and new box shows freezone on demand. Tech mentions movie on demand problem was from monthly bill credit limit. Off to work I go satisfied

Saturday 2am. NO internet, NO on demand ANOTHER 20 minute on hold... phone tech says signal strength is fubared, Agrees trouble most likely in outside drop ANOTHER tech visit 10-12 window. 4am modem synchs for 10 minutes and drops again. 11:50 am phone call from withheld number no voice mail left. No other calls received. 2:45 pm find out I have 2 installation charges on my account from the last 2 FAILED visits, tech also claims called no answer... 4:45 pm another wait on hold, appointment now set for Sunday afternoon.

So my questions now are as follows. Why was I been billed twice for installation visits when both techs said they were free? Why did the tech have a blocked number IF he did call? Why no voice mail left? Why no second phone call to my phone today? Why not replace the drop regardless when the cable is clearly old and weathered? Why would I even have to be home when Cox's drop is Cox's property and clearly accessible from the pole to the house without any special access?

I never had a problem for service in Warner Robins the last 6-7 years. Now I can hit the main Macon building from my house with a 1 iron and a tail wind and THIS is the service I get for 130 a month???
--
some may call me an outlaw, they just don't understand...

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:2

Wow, and I thought the Cox store in Warner Robins was bad. Why do they have a "take a number" system that they do not use? You take a number, go sit down to watch what is on the demonstrator TV set, and after 10 minutes look to see the number board has not changed, but no one who was behind you is waiting, they just stood in line and got served. They need to get rid of the ticket system if they are not going to use it. When I finally got served, the clerk had no idea what DOCSIS 3.0 meant. I told her to just tell me all the model numbers of the modems they gave out and I would figure out which one I would need to deal with.

And the sells I heard given to new to the area residents was interesting. It is mainly about the TV and how only the Ultimate TV package really is useful, plus any TV additional services they could sell. The internet would be fine at the Essential level of 3Mbps down/768Kbps up! But you absolutely needed to sign up for the Premier telephone service.

You could tell exactly what bonuses were paid for selling what services.

TxRoadDawg
We're Gonna Ride Forever

Warner Robins, GA

After today's blown visit I had to bite my tongue to keep from asking the tech on the phone if this service was a f'n joke or for real. Lost it when he said Monday was the next window, had to remind him take a close hard look at how crappy the signal has been here and how little FUNCTIONAL service I have actually had. Sorta suggested for 130 or so a month I'm billed I would prefer better service like a tech that knows data service or a field supervisor. couple minutes on hold and this Sunday window opened up. guess well see if the 4th time is the charm......
--

TxRoadDawg
We're Gonna Ride Forever

Warner Robins, GA

Well here we go again, another 5-7 appointment window as I sit with -1 db signal strength on a blinking modem with a laptop tethered to a cell phone. 4th visit in under a week, wonder if that qualifies as a record or just another test in my patience this fine day...
--