spc
Search similar:

uniqs
xbox1011
join:2012-08-18
Etobicoke, ON

xbox1011

[Ultra/Lite] What do you do with your internet speed

i wonder other than downloading movies or tv shows there is no need for fast speed

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

1 edit

elitefx

Ummm, there's a million guys out there playing online games. I think they need the speed for good framerates/buffering etc. I remember when the fastest was 1mbps/.512mbps. I had 128kbps/64kbps and it was brutal. Wouldn't want to go back to that ever.....

Oh yea, almost forgot. Lot of homes have 6 people online simultaneously and big bandwidth/fast speeds are a must or they won't be able to load a page......

QuantumPimp
join:2012-02-19

QuantumPimp to xbox1011

to xbox1011
said by xbox1011:

i wonder other than downloading movies or tv shows there is no need for fast speed

Is this post just a really, really lazy troll? Speed isn't all that important for downloading.

Try streaming some newer content from twitch.tv, revision 3, netflix, or whatever. Watching an on-line broadcast with multiple HD feeds can easily saturate the best DSL service Bell has to offer. Ditto if there is more than one person in a household.

Delay and jitter is also important for services like VOIP some of which is helped by having faster network speeds.

yyzlhr
@rogers.com

yyzlhr to xbox1011

Anon

to xbox1011
Even web browsing is a much better experience with a fast connection. I had lite internet when I was a student because I was being cheap, but soon upgraded to Express because it was just a pain to download articles and browse through academic databases without a fast connection.
xbox1011
Etobicoke, ON

xbox1011

linux distros and usenet

Big_Daddy
join:2008-01-10
hohoho

Big_Daddy to xbox1011

to xbox1011
E-Mail, Online banking, Facebook,

Rogers lite is fine for me, as I dont download Movies games or TV Shows I dont spend alot of time online.
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

1 recommendation

Anzio to xbox1011

to xbox1011
said by xbox1011:

linux distros and usenet

Did you just reply to your own thread with an answer to your own question?
xbox1011
Etobicoke, ON

xbox1011

ya so?

ChuckcZar
@teksavvy.com

ChuckcZar to xbox1011

Anon

to xbox1011
There's netflix and jailbroken Apple Tv which required a lot of bandwidth especially if you have 4 or 5 boxes in one household.