how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MikeJrod

join:2001-03-14
Milwaukee, WI

[Sci-Fi] Starship Troopers Invasion

Just watched this. I have always enjoyed this CGI series. I thought this was very well done. Nothing terribly new plot-wise, but it look cool and had all the characters you would want to see. Not for the kids, though. Very strong language and a bunch of tossed in nudity.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

Is it on Netflix? Or other sources?

Bob4
Account deleted

join:2012-07-22
New Jersey
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

1 recommendation

reply to MikeJrod

CGI nudity?

I never understood how they had the capability for interstellar travel, but their best weapons are still machine guns (although they somehow never seem to run out of ammunition).

MikeJrod

join:2001-03-14
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Snakeoil

I did other sources, but it is at Amazon for streaming as well.

Sniper3142
Slapsho3142

join:2002-01-25
Tustin, CA

1 edit
reply to MikeJrod

I checked out some of the trailers...

Looks like they went with that idiot Verhoeven's movie version instead of the excellent book.

Not the intelligent bugs waging an interstellar war (Book). Just stupid bugs with no weapons that charge at you with claws (Movie).

Dumb

To paraphrase the book:

"Stupid races don't build starships."

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable

It is based on Verhoeven's movie and not the much better book of the same name.
It wasn't bad though. It was an ok action movie. And, like the movie, bears very little resemblance to the book.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

DMWCincy

join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH

1 edit

said by Rook008:

It is based on Verhoeven's movie and not the much better book of the same name.
It wasn't bad though. It was an ok action movie. And, like the movie, bears very little resemblance to the book.

I never understood why it would be so hard to make a movie true to the book... (sigh i need to go to bed, did i really write this phrase: book true to the movie). I was really hoping since this was a cartoon that they would have pulled it off. Shame really but then again the book was never really about the war. The war was the backdrop to a story of a kid growing up.
(sorry for bringing back an old thread. love the book and havn't been on the site in a while...)

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5

Hah, I just watched this with xbmc yesterday. It was good, much like watching a "live action video game" even though it was all animation. They did a fair job with it.

Samus82
Radly

join:2002-01-29
Alsip, IL
reply to Rook008

in no way is the book better. It was boring and depressing and had little action in it at all. I enjoyed verhoevens movie much more.

While it was different it was still good for what it was. Besides some movie endings are way better...even if the book was absolutely fantastic. I mean look at fight club.
--
Opinion is just a word people hide behind to try and justify them believing stupid things. It sure is easy to believe in something completely and totally stupid, say it's your "Opinion" and then everyone has to respect it.

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Time Warner Cable
reply to DMWCincy

I think one of the reasons this book was never faithfully translated into a movie is covered in the post above this one. The book didn't have a lot of action, and that's what people want to see in a sci-fi "war" movie.
Never mind that the book had a lot of big ideas, it was short on action.
--
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Sniper3142
Slapsho3142

join:2002-01-25
Tustin, CA
reply to Samus82

said by Samus82:

in no way is the book better. It was boring and depressing and had little action in it at all. I enjoyed verhoevens movie much more.

That movie sucked.

That idiot Verhoeven changed an intelligent, space faring species fighting and Interstellar War into stupid bugs with no weapons or technology that charged at enemies with nothing more than claws.

Pathetic.

You probably didn't like or understand the movie Inception because it required thinking instead of just staring at explosions.