Hardware God
Premium
join:2002-03-07
Windsor, CO
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

[Business] Moving and have Comcast Bus Internet - how does that

So I have Comcast Business Internet for my business at the house. My new house isn't going to be done being built for 2 months. I've basically gotta stick everything in storage for that time period, but i'm under contract for my internet and phone service. How does that work? Will Comcast let me go "on vacation" for 2 months? I dont want to get rid of the service, and the area I'm moving to is in the same headend.. and the phone service is in the same prefix area (the number I *HAVE* to keep).
--
...I don't have a 50mb speedy connection, I fly through the net at low altitudes!

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast

Re: [Business] Moving and have Comcast Bus Internet - how does t

Call your biz rep and ask. While I doubt they have vacation plans for businesses (actual total shutdown is odd, even for seasonal businesses, usually keep something live during the off season), they MAY be able to offer a credit for time unused.
More likely you just end up paying normal rates for a couple months when you may or maynot be able to use it. I assume you are going to be living somewhere during that time, if it has a cable jack...get back to work!

SolarPup
Hardware God
Premium
join:2002-03-07
Windsor, CO
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

LOL.. It's my parents house for 2 months, and they already have comcast, and to add business service there is a pain because it's not listed as a business address in the system. I'll call him and ask. Thanks!!
--
...I don't have a 50mb speedy connection, I fly through the net at low altitudes!

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast

Depending on the signal levels you still may be able plug your modem in also, keeping your "business use" seperate from there residential stuff or at least have the phone.
there isn't a need (if their house is within the same system) to really tell comcast about the temporary location(other than the phone for 911 purposes) It likely will work anyway and you can tell CC when you are in your new house.

MobiGuide

join:2012-08-15
Milton, MA
reply to SolarPup

Sign a new 3 year contract with the account transfer and pay a 50 dollar fee. They do not care if it's at a residential address just sign the contract as "Your Name DBA BusinessName" and they will list it as a home office. I do this because I do 3D map renderings by subcontract now and the files I upload/download can amount to TB's of data monthly... :-P

JohnInSJ
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA
reply to SolarPup

Likely if you will get service at the new address (which they can tell you) you can just keep paying your monthly fee as you transition to your new address. Heck, they even let you get put on hold for that time.
--
My place : »www.schettino.us