share rss forum feed

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to Archivis

Re: [GW2] Official DSLR Guild: Aftershock (SHOK) Info

The current guild website has support for multiple games and there are member only forums that are restricted.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

Xentoch

join:2012-08-30
Chicago, IL
reply to Krisnatharok
I wish work would settle down some...it has been abnormally busy over the past month. I havent really had time to play at all. Once I get out of work the last thing I want to do when I get home is get back in front of the computer.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to stvnbrs
The problem is that it isn't here. This has been addressed and attempted multiple times and it doesn't work too well when you try to make something out of it. It works great for a single guild, but it gets difficult for cross-game platforms.

I think the sole reason why this site is successful is because it avoids all the work filters. If the guild page that you're talking about can do the same, it could work.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
I agree with Arch. The reason why I don't use the guild website now is because it's block at work. When I go home I still check dslr but I rather not go to another site to check up on what DSLR folks are doing. My other guild I'm in is mostly RL friends so we have a FB group for communication. Guild sites are cool I guess I'm not a big fan of them, I rather be playing a game when I'm home.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
And stvn, I didn't mean it to replace your site, which I think is important. I meant it to supplement DSLR's existing site, where people can post some information like community vent/mumble info without outsiders snagging it up. People could also post their contact information as well.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
Even the base enjin.com is blocked by Websense.

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
reply to Archivis
said by Archivis:

And stvn, I didn't mean it to replace your site, which I think is important. I meant it to supplement DSLR's existing site, where people can post some information like community vent/mumble info without outsiders snagging it up. People could also post their contact information as well.

I didn't take it as such. Many are drawn to this community due to the ability to view from work or downrage. I was just thowing it out as an option as I wasn't sure if Aftershock had other guild websites or not, and consolidation could lend to a tighter community. Although, this is the main site most use.
--

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
Earth
I just figure it would probably be the most adopted. We could have resources for each type of game, where to go, etc., our own gaming community where we can talk about games that we're specifically committed to. You could go in and talk about specific leadership for each game. It's not about me. You know how much I have into GW2 and my rank in the guild, but the name continues on. It's because it's a brand name that's a little more interesting than "DSLR" or "BBR".
--

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Krisnatharok
To those of us that were on the last WPvP event, we saw a toon with the commander sigil above their head and wondered what that was all about. Here's a vid explaining it:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN3HVY8JKMU

Vorpil

join:2010-01-30
Wright City, MO
reply to Krisnatharok
How do you group with people on a different server? I have a rl friend that I'd like to group up with from time to time, but couldn't figure out how to hook up with us being on different servers. Also, there is currently no way to transfer to Jade Quarry.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
I think you just group through invites than go to world. Just can't group up for WvWvW.

Fiftycals

join:2010-02-16
El Paso, TX
reply to Krisnatharok
You guys need to hurry the hell up and hit 80! I need some guildies to do shtuff with... huurrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.. Getting impatient.

Antonica
Premium
join:2002-09-02
kudos:1
play more lol or wow imo

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
said by Antonica:

play more lol or wow imo

WHAT?!

Fiftycals

El Paso, TX
reply to Antonica
I'm pretty much done with WoW. Might play every now and then if that. I get on LoL for a bit after GW2.

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
reply to Fiftycals
Working on it, I hid a major slow down at 30 for some reason.
--

MaxPowers

join:2010-07-30
Roy, UT
kudos:1
reply to Krisnatharok
73 here. Would have been 80 yesterday but the stupid TP was down so it messed up my cooking powerleveling session.

BTW 0-400 of any crafting gives 10 levels worth xp at any level.

Derlos
Premium
join:2009-10-28
Rigaud, QC
reply to Krisnatharok
Are you all enjoying the game? I've found I usually have the same gaming interest as most in this thread, so just curious. Do you see it carrying on for awhile?

Decided I'd wait on this one a bit after buying SWTOR, AION, RIFT and being pissed off about it.

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
said by Derlos:

Are you all enjoying the game? I've found I usually have the same gaming interest as most in this thread, so just curious. Do you see it carrying on for awhile?

Decided I'd wait on this one a bit after buying SWTOR, AION, RIFT and being pissed off about it.

Most of us have been burned by one or many of those titles. This is the first game that I don't even feel like logging into WoW from. It is finally a game that didn't try to make wow 2.0, but did so much their own way that it solidly stands on it's own. I am only 30+ in levels, and have been taking it slow. But the game has been much more enjoyable and the AH seems the best I have noticed outside of WoW (big problem that I have with most of the games).
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
reply to Derlos
I've bought into LOTRO, AOC, AION, and TERA since I've picked up WoW. IMO this is the best MMO since WoW. Its revolutionary on the level WoW was when it was released.

facepalm

join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX
reply to Derlos
I agree with stvnbrs & I AM. It is a truly refreshing experience and one that I have been searching for since the early days of WoW.
--
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~ Thomas Jefferson

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to Derlos
said by Derlos:

Well I'm still playing a character after almost a month with no fatigue setting in as of yet. Leveled one character to max, still playing him, working on a couple of others. That's more than I can say for SWTOR or Rift or DCUO or Tera.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

I've bought into LOTRO, AOC, AION, and TERA since I've picked up WoW. IMO this is the best MMO since WoW. Its revolutionary on the level WoW was when it was released.

Yeah...but heard there's no end game. Oh yeah and I also heard it's a shitty game with no end game.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
said by Ghastlyone:

said by I AM:

Yeah...but heard there's no end game. Oh yeah and I also heard it's a shitty game with no end game.

Also I heard you only get like 5 skills or something. For the whole game!!! And no addons. How am I supposed to know who to kick for not doing enough DPS?
Expand your moderator at work

Fiftycals

El Paso, TX
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: [GW2] Official DSLR Guild: Aftershock (SHOK) Info

I would like to add some more Dungeon guide videos to the website but this time around I want to run the dungeons with guild members. If you are interested in helping me out please let me know! And also let me know what time would be best for you. I want to get the guild brotherhood rolling thanks!

bionicRod
Premium
united state
said by Fiftycals:

I would like to add some more Dungeon guide videos to the website but this time around I want to run the dungeons with guild members. If you are interested in helping me out please let me know! And also let me know what time would be best for you. I want to get the guild brotherhood rolling thanks!

I am interested. Anytime between say 6 and 9 weeknights, time varies on the weekend but is usually most of the day. I'm lvl 80 and can do them all, hit me up!

Vorpil

join:2010-01-30
Wright City, MO
reply to I AM
How do you group with people on a different server? I have a rl friend that I'd like to group up with from time to time, but couldn't figure out how to hook up with us being on different servers. Also, there is currently no way to transfer to Jade Quarry.
said by I AM:

I think you just group through invites than go to world. Just can't group up for WvWvW.

My friend and I did some testing, and then I did some looking on the gw2 forums. And then we did some more testing. It is most certanly not as easy as going to the same world map.

Currently the "guesting" feature is disabled. According to Anet, this is because they are still currently allowing free daily server transfers. However, there are still 2 ways that you can play with someone from another server without server hopping (this can be a risky proposal, especially comming from a server as full as ours, since there is no guarentee you can transfer back if the server is full.)
1. You can hope both you and your group mates' servers are full, so that you both get placed in the same overflow server (not very likley, as I have not had to be in an overflow server since last weekend I think.)
2. You can do a dungeon together. He and I tried and confermed that this worked. I pulled two other people from Jade Quarry and he grabbed another from his and we were able to run the same AC instance together.
--
Deacon (Vek'nilash)
Volp (Vek'nilash)
Vorpil (Vek'nilash)

Fiftycals

El Paso, TX
You can also run sPvP together. I always thought the "s" stood for server, but apperantly not. It stands for structered. But I have tried this out myself with a friend on a different server and it works. There's two ways to do this.

1: Invite your friend to a party, once he/she is in a sPvP game, right click their portrait and click "Join in pvp" and vice versa.

2: Go to the sPvP NPC in the Mists, find the game your buddy is in (shows a friend icon next to that game) and join that game.

htin11

join:2000-08-10
Flushing, NY
reply to Krisnatharok
I also started a guild a few days ago, trying to build it up right now. I'm on the Anvil Rocks server