Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Koil

Premium Member

to Koil

Re: [GW2] Official DSLR Guild: Aftershock (SHOK) Info

Uh oh, I was running my mesmer last night and didn't represent. But I think I only got her up to level 4 before I logged so the guild didn't miss out on a whole lot.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Running together as guild groups will get us more influence faster than by soloing. If you see me online, send me an invite and I will join if I can. We will have a MF and Gathering Bonus weekend this coming weekend, and I would like to do more, but we need more influence to purchase the buffs. The guild has done great so far and don't have many more level-ups for upgrades left, leaving room to put influence towards rewards for guildies.

Current Goal:
Get all levels in guild bonuses (Art of War, Politics ect.)
Get highest level guild stash.

Just to get the stash we need 30k more influence. With participation, this will be easy, though I understand this has been a busy month for most. I would like to do more guild events, and am up to suggestions.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

I've been pretty busy with work recently, and had my week of leave cancelled. It's all I can do to get one League game in before bed, but I'll try to get on here as well.

I don't want the guild to be hurting because I'm away, so if I need to promote you to GM as you're more active, I'll do so.

Members need to input on this.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

I am able to almost anything needed as an officer. Participation will sway; understandably, so long as you don't wipe the game from your comp BTW, newest major patch hits 22 October.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

1 edit

TheBionic to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
I think it would be nice to see more officers on. Ghastlyone See Profile has been very consistent but for the last month or so he's been the only one when I'm on. Maybe our schedules are more sympatico and the others are on at different times, IDK. I can think of a couple times people wanted invites or whatever and nobody could provide them.

EDIT: It also apparently takes an officer to hang the guild banner in WvWvW (I'm honestly still not sure how that works).

pr1mo
Premium Member
join:2003-11-12
Chicago, IL

pr1mo

Premium Member

said by TheBionic:

I think it would be nice to see more officers on. Ghastlyone See Profile has been very consistent but for the last month or so he's been the only one when I'm on. Maybe our schedules are more sympatico and the others are on at different times, IDK. I can think of a couple times people wanted invites or whatever and nobody could provide them.

yeah

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

1 recommendation

Koil to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
There are quite a few regs that are on later on in the day, and others that are one quite a bit, period. Maybe some promotions are in order?

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

1 recommendation

stvnbrs

Premium Member

I will go in and make it so that members can hang flags in WvWvW today.

MaxPowers
join:2010-07-30
Roy, UT

1 edit

MaxPowers to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
We should have a couple regulars promoted that do guild invites at least.

Also, back the represent thing. I made a guild for the extra bank space, and I can tell you unless you are doing events with guildies you get dick for influence. I the Jormag event last night and got 6 influence! It's like 2k influence for the first tier guild bank and I'm at 163. So I've shelved that idea until I come across another influence scroll.

TLDR; Group up and represent!

Edit: Apparently I missed the part where you can buy influence from Guild Promoters. 2g for 1000 influence, 20g for 10,000 influence.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by MaxPowers:

We should have a couple regulars promoted that do guild invites at least.

Also, back the represent thing. I made a guild for the extra bank space, and I can tell you unless you are doing events with guildies you get dick for influence. I the Jormag event last night and got 6 influence! It's like 2k influence for the first tier guild bank and I'm at 163. So I've shelved that idea until I come across another influence scroll.

TLDR; Group up and represent!

All of us with toons in at 80 should be able to group up and farm events without too much trouble.

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
Thx! Wv isn't just the only reasoning, though, just to be clear. I appreciate the banner option, but there are other reasonings as well. (member invites, etc.)

Just wanted to clarify.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
I would like to be an officer.

I see many people in game who have no guild, and are helpful, who I would like to invite.

GW2 is my main game, I have no time to get in LoL even anymore!

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Do we want to just be inviting every guildless person we see running around though? The guild is supposed to be for DSLR members and friends of DSLR members.

TheThing

TheThing to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
I wouldn't invite just randoms... if someone is helpful, and parties with me for 3 hours and has a great personality thats what i mean.

likewise, I ran into a guy who loves the game, who is guildless and was helping me report bots

thats quality

I got the incradable hulk invited, and he's cool shit, and always ready to party up. We need more people in the guild, sometimes theres only like 3 on

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
More of you folks need to get back in game! More of us need to start grouping up, whether it's to farm events or learn some dungeons. Hell I'm always willing to wipe and try new things. Sucks to ask in guild chat if anyone wants to run some dungeons and there isn't a response =/

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
said by TheBionic:

Do we want to just be inviting every guildless person we see running around though? The guild is supposed to be for DSLR members and friends of DSLR members.

I agree here, I don't think I'd want everyone and their mom to jump in. I prefer it to be the ppl from DSLR, with the occasional friend that wants in....active server recruiting allows to much potential for the exact element I joined the DSLR guild to stay away from.
Koil

Koil to pr1mo

Premium Member

to pr1mo
said by pr1mo:

More of you folks need to get back in game! More of us need to start grouping up, whether it's to farm events or learn some dungeons. Hell I'm always willing to wipe and try new things. Sucks to ask in guild chat if anyone wants to run some dungeons and there isn't a response =/

This happens a lot. I'm sure I've done it where I'm busily doing something, and don't see something in chat, but we need to make sure we're not just letting Gchat hang when someone asks something, or hell at least let them know someone with a pulse is there.

I asked questions last night that never got a response at all.

If possible, make a Guild Tab on your chat bar and check it now and again, to see if anythings going on there that you may have missed.

TheThing

TheThing to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
Guilds naturally have leakage... people who stop logging in, for various reason

If we don't have some sort of recruitment, the guild will die

I want to start farming events with the guild, with a small guild this is difficult

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
I am making an effort to be more involved. I apologize for not being as available. We do have two ranks for members, regular members and DSLR members. The main difference is that the DSLR members have access to the guild treasure trove. If you fall into this category and still dont' have access, please contact me or an officer. I have also been working on the guild website more and most recently added quick links to several resources that many may find helpful to include an armor preview website that will show everyone what all the armors look like on each race as well as how to get them and their stats as well as a boss spawn timer so that our lvl 80 players to can know what major bosses are going to be available.

pr1mo
Premium Member
Chicago, IL

pr1mo

Premium Member

said by stvnbrs:

I am making an effort to be more involved. I apologize for not being as available. We do have two ranks for members, regular members and DSLR members. The main difference is that the DSLR members have access to the guild treasure trove. If you fall into this category and still dont' have access, please contact me or an officer. I have also been working on the guild website more and most recently added quick links to several resources that many may find helpful to include an armor preview website that will show everyone what all the armors look like on each race as well as how to get them and their stats as well as a boss spawn timer so that our lvl 80 players to can know what major bosses are going to be available.

My character in the game is Cutler, and I believe I'm under the DSLR Member ranking, however, I'm unable to re-arrange items in the 2nd tab of the guild bank. I'm not sure why.

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs

Premium Member

said by pr1mo:

My character in the game is Cutler, and I believe I'm under the DSLR Member ranking, however, I'm unable to re-arrange items in the 2nd tab of the guild bank. I'm not sure why.

You are a DSLR Member. All DSLR members have all permissions except to edit lower ranks (which is includes guild invites) commit the guild to any of the upgrades or processes, modify the message of the day, or edit the guild emblem. In order to give DSLR members access to invite, they all would be able to modify the permissions of the members rank below them.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Yeah I wouldn't mess with all dslr members' permissions or anything, but having some officers that are on more would be a plus. Does Jobbie See Profile still play? Haven't seen him on since the tamale man came screeching down the street (although that could just be our schedules).

Are we limited to a certain number of officers or something, can we add some? I nominate Koil See Profile, facepalm See Profile, or CdnBass See Profile, they're on quite a bit and regularly participate in the guild events on Friday.

Thank you for all the work you do on the website by the way, it IS appreciated.

TheThing

TheThing

said by TheBionic:

Yeah I wouldn't mess with all dslr members' permissions or anything, but having some officers that are on more would be a plus. Does Jobbie See Profile still play? Haven't seen him on since the tamale man came screeching down the street (although that could just be our schedules).

Are we limited to a certain number of officers or something, can we add some? I nominate Koil See Profile, facepalm See Profile, or CdnBass See Profile, they're on quite a bit and regularly participate in the guild events on Friday.

Thank you for all the work you do on the website by the way, it IS appreciated.

I'm Barack Obama and I endorse this message

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to pr1mo

Premium Member

to pr1mo
said by pr1mo:

Sorry about that also, I'm sure I'm guilty, but it's from lack of attention rather than choosing not to answer. I do have a guild tab but am horrible about looking at it. I've even missed party invites up there in the left hand corner. Combat and watching tv at the same time take all of my attention. It's not easy with this game.
TheBionic

TheBionic to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
said by TheThing:

I'm Barack Obama Commander Shepard and I endorse this message this is my favorite post on the Citadel.

FTFY
Expand your moderator at work

stvnbrs
Premium Member
Cary, NC

stvnbrs to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok

Re: [GW2] Official DSLR Guild: Aftershock (SHOK) Info

Kris will have to promote the officers. I think Jobbie is now back on the wow train. I will try to log on more as well and will chat with Kris next time he is on. I am a SF sports fan, so much of my time has gone to the playoffs.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

LMAO@ Koil

And I'm a Cardinals fan so I know where you're coming from! Didn't you just have a kid too? That's enough to keep anyone busy!

BTW Giants suck

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to stvnbrs

Premium Member

to stvnbrs
Just to be clear, this isn't a knock on you (or Kris or anyone), or saying that you need to step it up and your life should belong to GW2. You got a lot going on, and GW2 shouldn't be a priority for you right now. Kris has work issues. It's life, it happens.

I think we were just making a suggestion that would make life easier for you guys as well, as to not have the whole responsibility on a small amount of ppl, is all.

I nominate the same ppl bR did, but swap out my name for his.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Koil:

Just to be clear, this isn't a knock on you (or Kris or anyone), or saying that you need to step it up and your life should belong to GW2. You got a lot going on, and GW2 shouldn't be a priority for you right now. Kris has work issues. It's life, it happens.

True dat homey.

BTW I haven't been on much at all lately the last couple of weeks either. I've had some family stuff, and some house stuff, and I'm slowly playing through Dishonored.