share rss forum feed

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC
kudos:2
reply to stvnbrs

Re: [GW2] Official DSLR Guild: Aftershock (SHOK) Info

Thx! Wv isn't just the only reasoning, though, just to be clear. I appreciate the banner option, but there are other reasonings as well. (member invites, etc.)

Just wanted to clarify.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to Krisnatharok
I would like to be an officer.

I see many people in game who have no guild, and are helpful, who I would like to invite.

GW2 is my main game, I have no time to get in LoL even anymore!

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
Do we want to just be inviting every guildless person we see running around though? The guild is supposed to be for DSLR members and friends of DSLR members.

TheThing

reply to Krisnatharok
I wouldn't invite just randoms... if someone is helpful, and parties with me for 3 hours and has a great personality thats what i mean.

likewise, I ran into a guy who loves the game, who is guildless and was helping me report bots

thats quality

I got the incradable hulk invited, and he's cool shit, and always ready to party up. We need more people in the guild, sometimes theres only like 3 on

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to Krisnatharok
More of you folks need to get back in game! More of us need to start grouping up, whether it's to farm events or learn some dungeons. Hell I'm always willing to wipe and try new things. Sucks to ask in guild chat if anyone wants to run some dungeons and there isn't a response =/

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
reply to bionicRod
said by bionicRod:

Do we want to just be inviting every guildless person we see running around though? The guild is supposed to be for DSLR members and friends of DSLR members.

I agree here, I don't think I'd want everyone and their mom to jump in. I prefer it to be the ppl from DSLR, with the occasional friend that wants in....active server recruiting allows to much potential for the exact element I joined the DSLR guild to stay away from.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
reply to pr1mo
said by pr1mo:

More of you folks need to get back in game! More of us need to start grouping up, whether it's to farm events or learn some dungeons. Hell I'm always willing to wipe and try new things. Sucks to ask in guild chat if anyone wants to run some dungeons and there isn't a response =/

This happens a lot. I'm sure I've done it where I'm busily doing something, and don't see something in chat, but we need to make sure we're not just letting Gchat hang when someone asks something, or hell at least let them know someone with a pulse is there.

I asked questions last night that never got a response at all.

If possible, make a Guild Tab on your chat bar and check it now and again, to see if anythings going on there that you may have missed.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

TheThing

reply to Krisnatharok
Guilds naturally have leakage... people who stop logging in, for various reason

If we don't have some sort of recruitment, the guild will die

I want to start farming events with the guild, with a small guild this is difficult

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to Krisnatharok
I am making an effort to be more involved. I apologize for not being as available. We do have two ranks for members, regular members and DSLR members. The main difference is that the DSLR members have access to the guild treasure trove. If you fall into this category and still dont' have access, please contact me or an officer. I have also been working on the guild website more and most recently added quick links to several resources that many may find helpful to include an armor preview website that will show everyone what all the armors look like on each race as well as how to get them and their stats as well as a boss spawn timer so that our lvl 80 players to can know what major bosses are going to be available.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
said by stvnbrs:

I am making an effort to be more involved. I apologize for not being as available. We do have two ranks for members, regular members and DSLR members. The main difference is that the DSLR members have access to the guild treasure trove. If you fall into this category and still dont' have access, please contact me or an officer. I have also been working on the guild website more and most recently added quick links to several resources that many may find helpful to include an armor preview website that will show everyone what all the armors look like on each race as well as how to get them and their stats as well as a boss spawn timer so that our lvl 80 players to can know what major bosses are going to be available.

My character in the game is Cutler, and I believe I'm under the DSLR Member ranking, however, I'm unable to re-arrange items in the 2nd tab of the guild bank. I'm not sure why.

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
said by pr1mo:

My character in the game is Cutler, and I believe I'm under the DSLR Member ranking, however, I'm unable to re-arrange items in the 2nd tab of the guild bank. I'm not sure why.

You are a DSLR Member. All DSLR members have all permissions except to edit lower ranks (which is includes guild invites) commit the guild to any of the upgrades or processes, modify the message of the day, or edit the guild emblem. In order to give DSLR members access to invite, they all would be able to modify the permissions of the members rank below them.
--

bionicRod
Premium
united state
Yeah I wouldn't mess with all dslr members' permissions or anything, but having some officers that are on more would be a plus. Does Jobbie See Profile still play? Haven't seen him on since the tamale man came screeching down the street (although that could just be our schedules).

Are we limited to a certain number of officers or something, can we add some? I nominate Koil See Profile, facepalm See Profile, or CdnBass See Profile, they're on quite a bit and regularly participate in the guild events on Friday.

Thank you for all the work you do on the website by the way, it IS appreciated.

TheThing

said by bionicRod:

Yeah I wouldn't mess with all dslr members' permissions or anything, but having some officers that are on more would be a plus. Does Jobbie See Profile still play? Haven't seen him on since the tamale man came screeching down the street (although that could just be our schedules).

Are we limited to a certain number of officers or something, can we add some? I nominate Koil See Profile, facepalm See Profile, or CdnBass See Profile, they're on quite a bit and regularly participate in the guild events on Friday.

Thank you for all the work you do on the website by the way, it IS appreciated.

I'm Barack Obama and I endorse this message

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to pr1mo
said by pr1mo:

Sorry about that also, I'm sure I'm guilty, but it's from lack of attention rather than choosing not to answer. I do have a guild tab but am horrible about looking at it. I've even missed party invites up there in the left hand corner. Combat and watching tv at the same time take all of my attention. It's not easy with this game.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to TheThing
said by TheThing:

I'm Barack Obama Commander Shepard and I endorse this message this is my favorite post on the Citadel.

FTFY
Expand your moderator at work

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: [GW2] Official DSLR Guild: Aftershock (SHOK) Info

Kris will have to promote the officers. I think Jobbie is now back on the wow train. I will try to log on more as well and will chat with Kris next time he is on. I am a SF sports fan, so much of my time has gone to the playoffs.
--

bionicRod
Premium
united state
LMAO@ Koil

And I'm a Cardinals fan so I know where you're coming from! Didn't you just have a kid too? That's enough to keep anyone busy!

BTW Giants suck

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
reply to stvnbrs
Just to be clear, this isn't a knock on you (or Kris or anyone), or saying that you need to step it up and your life should belong to GW2. You got a lot going on, and GW2 shouldn't be a priority for you right now. Kris has work issues. It's life, it happens.

I think we were just making a suggestion that would make life easier for you guys as well, as to not have the whole responsibility on a small amount of ppl, is all.

I nominate the same ppl bR did, but swap out my name for his.
--

My Blog - Raising Connor

bionicRod
Premium
united state
said by Koil:

Just to be clear, this isn't a knock on you (or Kris or anyone), or saying that you need to step it up and your life should belong to GW2. You got a lot going on, and GW2 shouldn't be a priority for you right now. Kris has work issues. It's life, it happens.

True dat homey.

BTW I haven't been on much at all lately the last couple of weeks either. I've had some family stuff, and some house stuff, and I'm slowly playing through Dishonored.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to Krisnatharok
I'll be on at ~9:00 CST tonight if anybody wants to do some dungeon runs. I need to finish up 2 paths for CoF tokens which I might just do with a pug should nobody join me tonight, but I'll be doing events while online tonight.

MaxPowers

join:2010-07-30
Roy, UT
reply to Krisnatharok
I'll try to be online tonight to run with you Pr1mo. My schedule sucks right now and lately the wife insists on watching terrible horror movies on AMC at night.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to Krisnatharok
I'll try to be on later tonight. I have a paper/speech to write for tomorrow which shouldn't take me too long, but should I log on, it'll be after 11 PM CST.

TheThing

You should try to take a speach from a story line in GW2, and modify it for whatever purpose.

Even if it seems a bit off topic, i'm sure no one will notice

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
You see the reddit yesterday about the professor who caught his student plagiarizing a political paper from r/politics?

I wouldn't risk it.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to Krisnatharok
ha! "I am here today because everyone must play GW2...you must...it's the best, and here's why!"

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
reply to Krisnatharok
Current and Upcoming guild bonuses:

10/20: +10% PvP Influence for 24 Hours
10/20-10/23: +10% Magic Find for 3 Days
10/21-10/22: +10% Gathering Bonus for 48 Hours

There is now a sticky on the Official Guild Webpage that will be updated as well as news posts about upcoming game features and updages.
--

Laser67

join:2009-08-27
Hudson, NH
Thanks man.

BTW how long does it take to run a dungeon. Haven't done any because I don't know how long they take and don't want to have to leave or go afk on the group. Also I would like to go in first with some guildies.

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
said by Laser67:

Thanks man.

BTW how long does it take to run a dungeon. Haven't done any because I don't know how long they take and don't want to have to leave or go afk on the group. Also I would like to go in first with some guildies.

I did the first one as exploration and it took between 30-45 min. The group will definitely make a difference though. If you catch me on this weekend, I will run one with you.
--

TheThing

reply to Krisnatharok
will guild buffs show up as a visible boon for your toon?