share rss forum feed

pr1mo
Premium
join:2003-11-12
Harwood Heights, IL
kudos:2
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: [GW2] Official DSLR Guild: Aftershock (SHOK) Info

I'll be on at ~9:00 CST tonight if anybody wants to do some dungeon runs. I need to finish up 2 paths for CoF tokens which I might just do with a pug should nobody join me tonight, but I'll be doing events while online tonight.

MaxPowers

join:2010-07-30
Roy, UT
kudos:1
reply to Krisnatharok
I'll try to be online tonight to run with you Pr1mo. My schedule sucks right now and lately the wife insists on watching terrible horror movies on AMC at night.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to Krisnatharok
I'll try to be on later tonight. I have a paper/speech to write for tomorrow which shouldn't take me too long, but should I log on, it'll be after 11 PM CST.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
You should try to take a speach from a story line in GW2, and modify it for whatever purpose.

Even if it seems a bit off topic, i'm sure no one will notice

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
You see the reddit yesterday about the professor who caught his student plagiarizing a political paper from r/politics?

I wouldn't risk it.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to Krisnatharok
ha! "I am here today because everyone must play GW2...you must...it's the best, and here's why!"

stvnbrs
Premium
join:2009-03-17
Cary, NC
kudos:5
reply to Krisnatharok
Current and Upcoming guild bonuses:

10/20: +10% PvP Influence for 24 Hours
10/20-10/23: +10% Magic Find for 3 Days
10/21-10/22: +10% Gathering Bonus for 48 Hours

There is now a sticky on the Official Guild Webpage that will be updated as well as news posts about upcoming game features and updages.
--
Goggalor: "Freedom of speech is not freedom of asshattery."

Laser67

join:2009-08-27
Hudson, NH
Thanks man.

BTW how long does it take to run a dungeon. Haven't done any because I don't know how long they take and don't want to have to leave or go afk on the group. Also I would like to go in first with some guildies.

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
said by Laser67:

Thanks man.

BTW how long does it take to run a dungeon. Haven't done any because I don't know how long they take and don't want to have to leave or go afk on the group. Also I would like to go in first with some guildies.

I did the first one as exploration and it took between 30-45 min. The group will definitely make a difference though. If you catch me on this weekend, I will run one with you.
--

TheThing

reply to Krisnatharok
will guild buffs show up as a visible boon for your toon?

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
said by TheThing:

will guild buffs show up as a visible boon for your toon?

I am not sure, but you should be able to view them on the guild page to make sure that you are receiving the benefit.
--

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
reply to Krisnatharok
I've seen other guilds put banners on the ground that give buffs to anyone that wants them and was wondering how we could go about getting those. Have you seen that?

TheThing

reply to Krisnatharok
I've been zone jumping, farming event chains across a few 80+ zones... 3 of which end with chests.

Usually doing this from 10pm EST and on.

In game, in the guild I'm "Hiltzar"... if you want in any night just whisper me

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
reply to bionicRod
said by bionicRod:

I've seen other guilds put banners on the ground that give buffs to anyone that wants them and was wondering how we could go about getting those. Have you seen that?

I have stayed away from the banners and just do the full buffs so players don't need to coordinate to be on at a certain time for the benefit. I may add more on the pvp side later though.
--

bionicRod
Premium
united state
said by stvnbrs:

said by bionicRod:

I have stayed away from the banners and just do the full buffs so players don't need to coordinate to be on at a certain time for the benefit. I may add more on the pvp side later though.

Cool! To be clear, those banners are for everyone on the map. When you hit F they say something like "Please enjoy the following buff courtesy of [insert Guild name]." I don't see why we'd spend points on that though.

facepalm

join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX
said by bionicRod:

said by stvnbrs:

said by bionicRod:

Cool! To be clear, those banners are for everyone on the map. When you hit F they say something like "Please enjoy the following buff courtesy of [insert Guild name]." I don't see why we'd spend points on that though.

Those are cool. I'm starting to see them more often. Love free buffs! lol
--
Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Koil
Premium
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

1 edit
I have to imagine they get something out of the deal...maybe guild points when they're used or something.

:EDIT: Nope....just that the guild can use it for an event, along with everyone there.

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
reply to Krisnatharok
speech class is over, fuck yes! time to enjoy my Friday by playing GW2 all day. GF will be out with friends (ahyea!).

Laser67

join:2009-08-27
Hudson, NH
reply to Krisnatharok
FYI, I'm Tolak in the guild. I'm usually playing on Zulex my warrior right now. If you happen to see me on Ji Jilan or Zulric those are my two Son's characters. They each have Rangers. I let them each have one of my character slots. Just wanted to let you know since the way the guild system works in this game you can see everyone in the guild even if they aren't representing the guild. I'll probably have them represent the guild (extra influence even if it isn't much). But don't expect them to talk much or anything like that. I'm not spending $60/each for them to have their own accounts and we only have one comp that can handle the came anyway. Anyone thing I should shut the chat off for them or any other suggestions? They are 11(Ji Jilan toon) and 8 (Zulric toon).

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
The guild chat is tame for the most part, but their are expletives used quite a bit by some of the more low brow, less educated members (myself), but the profanity filter will likely catch it. If not, you can disable that, if they're not going to be looking for anything in Gchat. Same pretty much holds true for all chat areas, I guess...public chat in larger cities can definitely get sketchy at times.
--
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.- Edward Everett Hale

My Blog - Raising Connor

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
reply to Krisnatharok
hey now, I'm pretty edumacated and I like to curse....fuck I don't like that word, curse...holy shit I love to swear! I'm sorry boss, if I see your toons on I'll gladly put a pause on the profanity!

stvnbrs
Premium
Cary, NC
reply to Krisnatharok
The guild will gain bonuses again this weekend. PvP bonus on Friday, MF from Friday till Sunday, and Gathering Sat and Sun. I hope to continue these bonuses each week, while still gaining enough influence to upgrade the guild perks higher. Once the permanent rewards are unlocked, we can dump all extra influence into benefits for the guild. That is the goal anyways.
--

f0rtys3ven

join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI
Do I just play and that helps the guild? I wanna help if I am going to be online a bit more. Trying to hide from LoL.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to Krisnatharok
Anyone going to be on tonight? Got the house to myself and some free time, which has been rare lately. I kind of want to level my guardian this weekend (Norn lvl 15) but always have my 80 engi ready to knock some heads!

TheThing

i would like to run some dungeons, to get my monthly requirement in on my warr

bionicRod
Premium
united state
I don't like the dungeon requirement for the monthlies grrrr

I've only done that one that we were in Thingamabob way back when, I guess I need to get back into them. If we can get a group of guildies tonight or sometime this weekend I'll go!

pr1mo
Premium
Harwood Heights, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..
said by bionicRod:

I don't like the dungeon requirement for the monthlies grrrr

I've only done that one that we were in Thingamabob way back when, I guess I need to get back into them. If we can get a group of guildies tonight or sometime this weekend I'll go!

I'm free aaaall day today.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

1 recommendation

Some guild changes. I promoted Krimdal, bionic, CdnBass, TheThing to officers. Ghastlyone has become another Guildmaster.

I honestly have not been playing GW2. RL stuff is taking more time, and the little time I have is being spent in MOP. GW2 is on the back-burner for me.

Those above can promote other DSLR people as they see fit.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.

Koil
Premium
Irmo, SC
Thanks for this, Kris.

bionicRod
Premium
united state
reply to Krisnatharok
Yeah thanks man, appreciate it. Hope you come back to the fold soon, the Halloween event was great and the next event starts Friday!