Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..

[Signals] Signal change meaning?

For most of the last few years, my upload has been on Docsis 1.x. For like the past 10 days or so, my upload has been saying Docsis 2.0 solid. Does this mean that Docsis 3 upgrades are FINALLY coming?

My current signals:

RF Parameters
Downstream
Freq/Power: 567.000 MHz 5 dBmV
Signal to Noise Ratio: 38 dB
Modulation: QAM256
Upstream
Freq/Power: 36.400 MHz 44 dBmV
Channel Type: DOCSIS 2.0 (ATDMA)
Symbol Rate: 5120 kSym/sec
Modulation: QAM64

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast

It's possible, but that's not really an indicator.
Do you have a D3 modem? or know someone close by who might, that you could ask?
You could call in and ask if your area is D3 upgraded yet.
the local CC equipment people would know if you live close enough to a CC staffed service center to drop by.

Chris 313
Come get some
Premium
join:2004-07-18
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Vonage
·Comcast
·Comcast Digital ..

said by tshirt:

It's possible, but that's not really an indicator.
Do you have a D3 modem? or know someone close by who might, that you could ask?
You could call in and ask if your area is D3 upgraded yet.
the local CC equipment people would know if you live close enough to a CC staffed service center to drop by.

No I don't. The only way I could get one would be buying it. And it wouldn't serve me as I have phone service through them (D2 ARRIS 502G EMTA installed June 30th, 2008) I have heard of people in my area that have D3 modems, but don't know them personally to ask.

Last time I asked ComcastSteve about the D3 situation, he told me I was still on legacy equipment. That was a few months back. Things might've changed since then, but I doubt it. I don't even have anything faster then 16/2 here to use.

There is a center across town, but that's been hit or miss in my experience.

I guess I'm resigned to waiting and see what happens. If I get any upgrades before year's end, I'll be surprised, but I've also read stuff that suggests I won't be upgraded until June-July 2013.

netcool
Premium,VIP
join:2008-11-05
Englewood, CO
kudos:63

1 recommendation

said by Chris 313:

Last time I asked ComcastSteve about the D3 situation, he told me I was still on legacy equipment. That was a few months back. Things might've changed since then, but I doubt it.

You won't have to wait too much longer, your area will definitely be D3 before the end of the year.

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to Chris 313

All it really says is that your upstream now supports 64QAM, which was introduced with D2. It may have been around for awhile, but your modem was probably getting the 16QAM channel previously.

Whether or not there are multiple down or up channels to bond would take a D3 modem to check.