join:2002-08-04
Midwest

EGeezer to Cho Baka

Premium Member

to Cho Baka

Re: Oregon motorist billed for ripping off gas pump hose

said by Cho Baka:

said by EGeezer:

When I was a kid in high school I worked at a Sinclair station on U.S. Route 40 back before the interstates.

Wow...

Yeah, I'm old. Interstates didn't reach our area until 1961. I used to ride my trusty Zundapp Bella on the construction roads when they were building our stretch of I-70.
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

1 recommendation

telco_mtl

said by EGeezer:

said by Cho Baka:

said by EGeezer:

When I was a kid in high school I worked at a Sinclair station on U.S. Route 40 back before the interstates.

Wow...

Yeah, I'm old. Interstates didn't reach our area until 1961. I used to ride my trusty Zundapp Bella on the construction roads when they were building our stretch of I-70.

im only 34 but when i was a kid there was 15 full service stations in my town and 5 self serves, now there is 1 full serve and 7 self stations. and yes i used to abuse the bell with my bike! i pumped gas at a station when i was 19 and yep the kids payed me back.

you mention riding on an interstate, when they were building autoroute 30 in my neck of the woods it sat paved but un connected for 6 months, (both ends interchanges had yet to be built) it was a great bike path!