Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine to dolphins

Premium Member

to dolphins

Re: Image issue - thumbnails OK, main image missing

said by dolphins:

No problems here. Was this issue resolved?

I don't think so, I'm getting it as well. I think its recently too because I remember not having any problems before.

No_Strings

join:2001-11-22
The OC

No_Strings to dolphins

to dolphins
Nope. Still having the exact problem as described in the OP.

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ

dolphins

Premium Member

OK, the only thing I've noticed is I had to hit refresh a few times for a GIF to load, it froze 3 times. It's a 22MB file so It should load in less than a second with my broadband connection.

The GIF in question: »Re: Creative Expressions #307

No_Strings

The OC

No_Strings

Not everyone has the problem. Only us special folks.

Del_Gue
join:2001-10-03
Lancaster, OH

Del_Gue to No_Strings

to No_Strings
Was fine last week, today no go.

No_Strings

The OC

No_Strings

It's spreading! The zombie apocalypse is upon us!

dolphins
Clean Up Our Oceans
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Westville, NJ

dolphins to No_Strings

Premium Member

to No_Strings
said by No_Strings:

Still A-okay here... I wanna be special.

dliw
Premium Member
join:2003-03-09
Elsewhere

1 recommendation

dliw to No_Strings

Premium Member

to No_Strings
said by No_Strings:

Same problem here. Tried everything possible but not worky.

No_Strings

The OC

No_Strings

Staying at a hotel where AT&T is providing the Internet according to ARIN. All of the examples listed in this thread and some others are working.

What does this tell us about the problem?

Del_Gue
Lancaster, OH

Del_Gue

I can't quite get a grip on why this might be ISP dependent.

I have a laptop that I haven't used in 3 months (no Windows 7 or Firefox updates) and it experiences exactly the same problems as the desktop. Then tried an old XP computer (that I never got around to giving away) and it's the same.

No_Strings

The OC

No_Strings

On Verizon DSL today (I'm such a jetsetter) and things work as expected here.

fourboxers
Mod
join:2003-05-04
Toronto

fourboxers to Del_Gue

Mod

to Del_Gue
I don't think it's ISP dependent. I think it's cookie dependent, the site for some reason doesn't think that cookie is logged in on the image servers and won't show images over 2 meg. I don't however quite know how to remove those cookies.

No_Strings

The OC

No_Strings

OK, back home again.

Using a laptop which worked on AT&T and Verizon last week, back to the same symptoms here on Cox. The only exception is that one large image tested on AT&T now works here, most likely because that image is in cache.

dliw
Premium Member
Elsewhere

dliw

Premium Member

Do you think it would help to log out, clean cookies and clear cache?

No_Strings

The OC

1 recommendation

No_Strings

Been there, done that. Also tried different computers, newly installed browsers, different operating systems as noted above.

Edit: Cookies would not explain why the same computer would work in two locations but not in a third. I should also note that the laptop in question is a dual boot with XP and Slackware. Symptoms are the same for either O/S. Worked in Florida, not in California.
No_Strings

No_Strings

Tried creating a new account. Same problem - large images will not load.

Got a new phone, so I tried that. If I use the Cox connection here at the house via WiFi, images are still broken. If I connect using the 4G, images load.

Anything else I can do to test on my end? Any progress on tracking it down?

dliw
Premium Member
Elsewhere

dliw

Premium Member

Tried resetting IE9 with no results.
Relkin
join:2006-03-05
nightmare

Relkin to No_Strings

to No_Strings
I too am having this problem. Have comcast for internet. I tried the same test with my phone ang got the same results, works over verizon 4g, breaks when i turn wifi on.

Del_Gue
Lancaster, OH

Del_Gue to No_Strings

to No_Strings
It certainly appears that the problem began for me some time in September (with no hardware or software changes that would have been a contributing influence on my end) - if that is of any help to someone who is looking into the issue (and I hope someone is).

No_Strings

The OC

No_Strings

Was able to download a large file today, and started going back to known problems threads to test. All seem to now be working.

No idea what happened, but I'm grateful to the wizards who toil thanklessly in the datacenter.

rockotman
...Blown On The Steel Breeze
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06
DSotM

rockotman

Premium Member

I am still getting problems with files and pictures. In both Chrome and IE, and in both a Win7 and a WinXP environment.
rockotman

2 recommendations

rockotman

Premium Member

Interesting; after reading what other people were experiencing, I tried a few thing.

•Flush and repair DNS cache - nada
•Delete temp internet files - nada
•Changed the router to used a cloned MAC addy, rebooted router and cable modem, noticed that I now have a different IP address as assigned by the cable company's DHCP server and "voilà" - pictures and big files are working again.

Maybe Justin's servers didn't like my old IP address.

Del_Gue
Lancaster, OH

Del_Gue

said by rockotman:

Changed the router to used a cloned MAC addy, rebooted router and cable modem, noticed that I now have a different IP address as assigned by the cable company's DHCP server and "voilà" - pictures and big files are working again.

Maybe Justin's servers didn't like my old IP address.

Worked for me too. Thanks rockotman!

alphapointe
Don't Touch Me
MVM
join:2002-02-10
Columbia, MO

alphapointe

MVM

Same deal here. Change ISP's (I have two WAN connections) and it works. I have a static IP on my main connection, so I can't (and won't) change it...

Looks like I'm going to have to force DSLR over to the backup (slower) ISP until (if) this gets fixed...